• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Dont Feel like I 'like' my baby.....

Never be scared to ask for help Hun, loads of women get depression, they are used to dealing with it. I got mine afterwards with my first and unplanned baby. Just ask for help, don't worry what people will think of you when doing so, this is what delayed me getting help that time. It is natural too to feel like this, pregnancy is a big fat shock however it arrives, and the change to your life takes some getting used to, but you do and you just adjust to a life with the three of you in it , instead of 2. Your OH is so focused on baby as he has nothing at all going on with his body and will have trouble relating too otherwise. Do talk to him about it, that you want you as a couple to stay special, and start making sure yu both go out lots, eg meals , cinema, etc while you can easily before baby arrives to make the most of it. You still can when baby is here, just takes more organising and favors, we have romantic meals at home now, in the Resterant Ala Jones!

Tri 2 is great , I don't feel my babies till 20 weeks plus, but you have the 20 week scan to look forward to, that's sooo nice , a long one where I really bonded with baby and you have the option to find out the sex if they can tell you. Then there is the start of momement, and so every morning and evening I can feel him. Tri 2 is also a good time to start shopping, then having some baby bits will really help you see your baby will be coming.

Let us all know how you get on Hun , really talking about it will help you X

Last edited:
Were going for the scan today at 6pm just to see baby and she might be able to see sex as baby has been known to be ahead of date It should be! Few days at a time then a whole week ahead! Weird thing. But just to see how I feel and to see what it's doing. Will update with pics later. Xx

Hey Butterfly, I know exactly what you mean. I have always been a career girl and have always said I had no interest in having children. When I met my husband I feel head over heels in love and we married 8 years later. Before we were married I said I would give this a go just the once. We were planning on starting to try next year so you can imagine my shock when I found out I was pregnant! Whilst I have accepted this mentally there are days I worry about not bonding with the baby once it is born. I am already fretting about not being able to go to work and I have told only the people who need to know that we are expecting. My sister says I am in denial still! I suppose fear is a big factor for me - fear of the birth, fear of an expaning tummy, fear of not knowing how to look after a child, fear of having no salary every month. I am taking each day as it comes and hope that once the baby arrives that this fear will leave and I can be the best mother.

Ive been feeling bit down lately and I just feel like I dont 'like' the baby.

I did a post not too long ago about how I just don't feel pregnant but had a scan at 13 weeks and everything brilliant. Had few twinges lately but that was it no blood so I ashume the baby is fine.

I just suppose where I don't feel baby and don't feel pregnant it doesnt help. I just cant feel love for it. My OH always asks how his babies are (me and the baby) but I just think shut up about the baby. I obviously don't want to feel like this but Im worrying incase its ever going to go...

Is it possible to have some sort of depression while pregnant?

Hope someone knows what I mean!

i feel exactly the same :s it was exciting seeing baby at 18 weeks...left the room excitement went...dawned on me again about £££, gona look like a frump after baby born, settling down, feeling too young etc...i soo hoping thse feelings will change soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know exactly how u feel , my partner does the same, rubs my belly etc i fine it hard to rub my belly im a gym freak, having a bump is freaking me out a tad!!!!! xxx

my friend who now has a beautifull 12 week old baby had pre-natal depression and was signed off work at 5 months preggers. she felt much better when she wasnt at work and is doing really well. she loves her baby and is starting to realise that she needs to go back to work. please dont feel you are alone and its always good to talk xx

Hey :wave:
I Jay want to tell you tat your nt alone at all. I had the same feelings, at exactly 14 weeks. I find that's the part of pregnancy that feels the slowest and the longest, as you haven't got another scan for 6 weeks and you can't feel anything so it did generally suck. I really worried, thinking I was gonna resent the baby and not want anything to do with it and stuff, and I totally hate being pregnant!! I think it's awful. I feel generally crap and different, and can't wait to feel better! I must say, at the stage I'm at now, I am so in love with my baby. It came after we found out it was a girl and when I lie in the bath I can see her moving anni find myself talking to her! It's incredible. I really do love her to pieces and can't wait to meet her.
You can talk to someone and get some help for the time being, but I reckon you'll be ok and you will see when the baby I most active and when they sleep-I know mines little routine! You'll look back and say "what was I thinking" I reckon.
Best of luck :hugs: xx

This is so helpful as its exactly how i felt too, im getting a bit better now at 16 weeks x

Scan was okay I suppose. Baby low down as its found a comfy spot and doesnt want to move just yet, so the twinges Im feeling are actually movements from the baby. Baby was asleep when scan started and then woke up. Because it was in an akward position couldnt quite see the sex of the baby but when she did try she said she couldnt tell. But im sure I saw a boys bit. Ive got the Dvd of scan so Ill pause it and then put it on here and you can say what you all reacon. But with baby being low it explains my lact of bump. Baby happy and healthy. Cant say I feel any more attached to it though. Almost feel like I cant stand it.

Were going back in 3 weeks when im 18 weeks to have another go at gender scan. I suppose Im excited about that.

Will try and get pic of the babys wotsits and stick on here in bit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back