I can't relax...

leckershell

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right section but does anyone have any relaxation advice?! I suppose it's a bit of a long shot asking mums how to relax! :D

I just feel like I need to be doing something all the time.. even if I think ok I'll sit down for a sec, I'm still planning when does the recycling bins go out, is Ryan's nursery bag packed, are we on a dark or lights wash next, what nights are we out and is nats friend coming over any nights and how many people do I need to cook for...

I was fine before I had Ryan, I was uber lazy, but now I feel like I can't stop doing things! I walk really fast too but I don't notice these things until people tell me (usually Nat and my mum), and they think I'm starting to really overdo it.

Any advice for a busy commuter mom? LOL

my favourite ways to relax are:

have a cup of tea

masturbation! :oops: :lol: altho the opportunity for this one is very rare nowadays!

oh, and have a siesta- those are the best type of sleeps! does ryan have one? try and nap when he has his its super :D

Perhaps it might be worth trying Yoga or Tai Chi. I know it doesn't work for everyone and it kinda depends on whether you have time in your busy schedule but people who do it are normally pretty chilled :D

Good luck, I am still in the lazy, pre-child mode ;)

I do nap when Ryan does, but I work 3 days and I'll be going back fulltime in a month so I'm weaning myself off so I don't end up knackered in my new job at about 1pm..!
Masturbation... good call, but I rarely even have the energy to feel sexy or anything because I'm too busy using energy on washing, ryan stuff etc...
Cup of tea... also a good call, I like fruit teas, might get some in! :D

Mildly said:
Perhaps it might be worth trying Yoga or Tai Chi. I know it doesn't work for everyone and it kinda depends on whether you have time in your busy schedule but people who do it are normally pretty chilled :D

Good luck, I am still in the lazy, pre-child mode ;)

Man, I don't know how I wasted away my pre-baby maternity leave but the time now just goes..!!

Yogo/Taichi... Nat keeps telling me to have a night out (I used to have a cooking course as my night out) so that might be a good idea. I guess I just worry about it as I don't know what it's like but the only way to know is to go along I guess? :D I'll look into it, thanks :)

You could have just described me there Shell!!!

I realised that I coulsn't sit on my backside without thinking "Oh I need to do that and when that washing is finished I'll do this" (I used to get peeed off at the washing machine and tumble dryer taking too long! :D )

I now try and have a "lazy day" where I just spend loads of time with Mhairi, chilling out and not doing washings and stuff.

I also make some of my "tasks" things for me. Like have a long shower and put some fake tan on, or wax my legs, or put a face mask on. This also makes me feel good about myself (I was soooo high maintenance before I had Mhairi....it's amazing how much I've changed!). Maybe you could try having a bath with some candles, and when you start to think about all the things you have to do MAKE yourself stay in the bath for another 10 mins, then go have a cuddle with OH, you never know...it might lead to something VERY relaxing!!!

xxx

God I wish we could swap!!! I'm super lazy..I'll do the washing up and the washing but the rest waits till OH comes home or the weekends. But I can't sleep at night though cause that's when my mind is most active with what needs doing then next day..never get round to it though :lol:

I'm the same - always have to be doing something. It wears me out by the end of the day. I can't seem to sit and do nothing

leckershell said:
Yogo/Taichi... Nat keeps telling me to have a night out (I used to have a cooking course as my night out) so that might be a good idea. I guess I just worry about it as I don't know what it's like but the only way to know is to go along I guess? :D I'll look into it, thanks :)

me me!!! i was thinking of doing the exact same thing, although my lifes not nearly as hectic as yours id be happy to go along with you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back