Extensive cone biopsy (conization)

stacey_lea86

Reaction score
Hello ladies, after some advice. After 2 abnormal smears & a colposcopy I was told I need a cone biopsy under a general anaesthetic. :cry:

Now I have read online about it, but can't find people that have had this procedure, doesn't seem widely talked about.

I Have the op tomorrow, husband is away for 6 months & this is my first experience of having treatment in a German hospital bar labour.

Can any one give me the ins & outs, what to expect, what does it mean. Good and bad!

Thankyou xxx

Hi hun, I've had a colposcopy before but I've not heard of the other procedure. I don't have any advice but hope that today has gone ok for you :hugs:

Where are you based in Germany? I'm sorry that your hubby is away x

Thanks hun, went well. Had a general anaesthetic and was in and out within the day (It's a procedure that removes a cone shaped piece from the cervix to examine for pre&cancerous cells & abnormalities). Now I've just had my results via the phone & a bit miffed!

She said I will need 3 monthly smears from now on & will probably need this procedure again if I have another abnormal result. She then followed on to ask if I wanted more children and if not I could discuss a hysterectomy with my doctor!

So I am still none the wiser what's going on in there.

I am in Gutersloh! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back