why can't I relax (XP)

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Ever since I have found out I am pregnant I have been worrying it's all going wrong again.. Even though I have had a 9week scan, a 12week scan, a midwife appointment last thursday when I heard the heartbeat, I am getting a bump and I'm fairly sure I can feel him wriggling about....

I just want to realx and enjoy my pregnancy but I'm obsessing about everything, checking my bump each day and panicking it's getting smaller, and just generally worrying that my baby won't make it!!!! It's really affecting me, I can't get excited when people talk about names and other baby things and I'm still really paranoid about buying anything...

can anyone help me relax???

J
XX

i think what u r feeling is normal- i know i would be the same. everything is pointing towards this pregnancy being successful so perhaps its time that u started to plan things to buy? that should get u excited...afterall the outcome is not in your control, worrying will stop u enjoying ur pregnancy and u deserve to enjoy it after whats happened to u xxx

I know what you mean, but you should be reassured you've come so far. I think you have to think positively, and try and convince yourself you're going to be ok, because you are.

Try and picture what you'll all be like when the baby arrives, and try extra hard to get rid of any negative thoughts as soon as they start.

It's so rare for anything to go wrong at such a late stage, so so so rare, so try and be happy :hug:

Hi Tick Tock,

When are you due, just out of interest. I think I must be around the same stage as you - just over 19 weeks. I'm due July 3rd.

I can really sympathise regarding the worrying - I had a m/c before too and have worried about every little thing this time. Whenever I go for appointments I convince myself that there will be no heartbeat (mostly due to the constant string of bugs I've had since November). I can feel my baby often now and that is most reassuring, but I still worry if a few hours go by and I don't feel anything!!! Hopefully you'll feel a little more relaxed when you feel your baby more. All I can say really is that we've got this far, m/cs are rare at this stage and as each day goes by, our chance of having a viable baby increases. It sounds like your pregnancy is going really well, really hope you are able to relax and enjoy the second half of it more; I'm certainly going to try.

All the best :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back