Doodles

Reaction score
Just told my mother that we're spreading Doodles presents out

Stocking before breakfast
some gifts before lunch
some gifts after lunch
some gifts after tea

if he doesn't eat his lunch he doesn't get his next lot of presents

apparently I'm nasty :roll: my argument is he's getting loads & if he's not willing to take his time & appreciate what he gets then he doesn't bloody deserve them

anyone else doing this? x

I don't have a child yet but this is what my parents did with me and my sisters, and they now do with their children and as a child raised this was it was the best by a mile, it makes it last all day and the fun doesn't stop.
First Christmas I spent with my DH family and they all just opened all their presents at once I was shocked and it made me sad.
My nieces and nephews love it too because they get to play with their toys, it also stops them having tantrums and getting over stimulated. I love it and still do it this way when we have it just me, DH and the dog!
I love it, plus he is your child you should do Christmas how you want to :D xx

My parents tried it but it never really worked. We used to open one small pressie on Christmas eve, the majority on Christmas morning and save one or two for the evening.

my nan agrees with me fully, hubby was against it until one of the women he works with said it was a good idea :roll: & now you'd swear it was his idea :lol: x

He'll get a Christmas Eve bag full of bits to keep him occupied for the afternoon & new pyjamas & bedding etc x

We usually just open them all but I actually think spreading them out is a good idea! It'd be easier to get things set up and played with rather than overwhelming them with loads all at once. I wouldn't put conditions on the receiving of the presents however.

to be honest the conditions probably wont stick lol but figure it's worth a try as otherwise he wont eat x

I think it's great if it works for you.

All kids are differant, some get hyper stimulated so need stuff spreading around. Other can have everything at once and plan how to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back