6.5 months, food and milk

DW1978

Reaction score
Jax has been on 'solids' - home made purees plus finger foods - for about 4-6 weeks now. For the first few weeks, he was still having at least as much milk, if not more, than before - 6/7oz at 8.30am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm plus 1 or 2 feeds during the night. Most of the time, he was draining them all. For about 10 days/2 weeks now, he is really off his milk. He is often totally refusing either his lunch time and/or his 3pm bottle and often only drinking 1 or 2oz of his 8.30am bottle and about half of his bedtime bottle. He has half a weetabix or similar for breakfast with milk at 7.30am, lunch at 11.30am ish and dinner at 4.30/5pm ish. He only ever has a 'main course' of about 3 ice cubes worth and no pudding (he doesn't like very sweet stuff).

Should I now be cutting out some of his milk? I didn't want to as I know milk should still be his main food up until a year.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Don't have any experience but I'm sure i read its a stage for them to go off milk for a bit, I'd keep perservering as as you said they need it til one but if he carries on refusing then just get asuch yoghurt, cheese, general dairy as you can :eek:), sorry not that helpful. So you offer milk half way between solid feeds or before or alongside?

Sorry you put times already, maybe delay milk feeds but then he'd pretty much be eating constantly, hope someone with real knowledge has.somwthibg useful to say, unlike me LOL!

They start to drop bottles around 6-7 months izzy has gone from four bottles to 3 7oz a time with 3 meals a day we give her milk bout hour before food so she drinks that first hope it helps! Xx

Iv only been givibg Will one meal a day and he's being a pain to feed milk to now :roll:

Xx

I mix feed but we are down to about 3, max 4 top up bottles of 4 oz.
I give him milk about an hour before food.

He likes food so we have been on 3 meals since around 7 months.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Savannah has a bottle when she wakes at about 7am then breakfasts an hour later she hen has some lunch 11-12 and then a bottle at 1-2 then tea at 4-5 then last bottle feed 7-8.

It's really difficult to get right but there is no right answer. Savannah dropped to 3 bottles at about 6 and a half months.

We just tried to let her lead us. Had a couple of days of trying different things until she settled into her routine.

Kayden seems to be having less milk too, im a bit concerned coz he only has around 16 oz a day sometimes less but never more. I thot milk was the main source of nutrician but I duno how it works exactly. Kayden seems fuller now he's on solids & he's been sleeping longer (day time naps) which in turn means he's missing out on bottles. I'm restricted to what I can give him due to his reflux. I was just responding to Positivity's thread about the same thing. I duno exactly what the "guidelines" are tbh. but I think the majority of ppl are saying that they go down to 3/4 bottles when fully weaned

xxxxxxx

Grace is pretty much on 3 meals per day and 4-5 8oz bottles, haven't got a clue where she puts it all to be honest lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back