Sicky baby :(

Bee

Reaction score
Finlay keeps being sick after his morning bottle and its most of the bottle that comes back up from when we feed him till when he has his breakfast and 2nd bottle and even after that.

Its only in the morning - afternoon and evening he is fine. He doesn't seem to keep any of the 2 morning bottles down and even his breakfast comes up too.

Just wondering if anyone had this before and if they did what did they do?

I'm thinking of changing his milk from Aptimal to HIPP organic cos I'm thinking it might be his milk

We wind him often and he always brings some up. By the time he is sick its really gloopy :(

Apart from that he doesn't seem bothered. A bit cranky jut now cos of his teeth but thats it

Didn't you say he slept really well in the afternoon? Is he especially jiggly in the mornings? Becky's reflux was worst when she was most active (like, erm, all the time :roll:, but moreso when she was squiggling and moving after a nap). Is he otherwise OK on the milk? We tried changing milks and it didn't help the sickness at all (though it was to comfort milk which was a bloody disaster).

Might be worth trying infant gaviscon?

Kaira use to be like this - she projectile vomited alot (my poor capets!!!!) but it was mainly her morning bottle. I did wonder if it was because she was really hungry in the morning that she was trying to drink it too fast :think:

The only thing I changed was that I actually stopped winding her - it seemed to be making her more likely to be sick. Since then although she still sick throughout the day, she no longer throws up the whole bottle.

daftscotslass said:
Didn't you say he slept really well in the afternoon? Is he especially jiggly in the mornings? Becky's reflux was worst when she was most active (like, erm, all the time :roll:, but moreso when she was squiggling and moving after a nap). Is he otherwise OK on the milk? We tried changing milks and it didn't help the sickness at all (though it was to comfort milk which was a bloody disaster).

Bloody hell Lorna! Stop the questions :lol:

He's stopped sleeping during the day now, unless he is in the car. Cat naps but thats it :( He's not jiggly in the morning. Really calm then everything comes back up. Half the time he's lying on the bed playing and thats when he is sick :(

He seems ok on the milk, not sick in the afternoon or evening at all. He's not been sick since his bottle at 1pm

drea b said:
Kaira use to be like this - she projectile vomited alot (my poor capets!!!!) but it was mainly her morning bottle. I did wonder if it was because she was really hungry in the morning that she was trying to drink it too fast :think:

The only thing I changed was that I actually stopped winding her - it seemed to be making her more likely to be sick. Since then although she still sick throughout the day, she no longer throws up the whole bottle.

He only gets winded once (the most he will let us!) with any bottle, so we haven't changed thr routine or anything. Yeah sometimes he gulps is down in the morning but more recently he's been peeing about with it :(

Bee said:
daftscotslass said:

Bloody hell Lorna! Stop the questions :lol:

HAHA oops. :rotfl:

Might be worth a shot trying the Gaviscon in the morning maybe just for that bottle. You can probably get it from a pharmacy on the minor ailments scheme and if it works go to the GP (go over the HVs head on that count).

(No questions there haha)

:lol:

I might try that and see how it goes

Ta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111