i am sooooooo pissed offffff erghhhhh

confuzed 88

Reaction score
i am so pissed right now i cant explain in words so will give it a go anyways :)

basically i applied for sure start mat grant last week, only to find out that we dont qualify for it because of the type of jsa my hubbys on, erm hello money is still tight for us, i work part time and earn peanuts, hubby lost his job and claims jsa...its still freaking JOBSEEKERS, does it really matter which one anyone claims!!
BUT NO if you havent worked your whole life and are claiming jsa you get the maternity grant, but however if you have worked even for a day in your life and are claiming jsa you dont get the maternity grant...how unfair is that? im well annoyed to the point of wanting to cry, theres no help out there for someone that worked their arse off for years, and now that they havent got a job theres crap all to help them.
I was told to wait till we claim child tax credit, but what about now, i need to get bubs last remaining bits and bobs like his bedding and buggy and nappys etc and still got to sort out my own hospital stuff.
Now me and hubs are considering selling our car to help with costs of things, and living.
i want to cry so much just trying to hold it all in, i feel so fed up with everything erghhhh..just dont know what to do anymore...
anyone else in the same boat as me??

I'm not in the same boat but I hope you do manage to sort things out. Fingers crossed something works out for you. xx

thanks i hope so too, its just so hard these days with huby not having a job, jsa just about covers the basics, not even that:(

Aww Hun it's hard I swear you get penalised fit working hard all your life and trying not to claim anything but when people really do need it they don't help! Other people don't lift a finger and get loads of dosh. I've worked consistently since I left school and I'm now 28 and I will have to go back to work when baby is here as we won't afford ne thing yet child care is looking at being about 800 a month and I bet if i asked for help I'd get ' your wages are too high you don't meet the criteria'!but I've worked so I don't gave to claim!! who in their right mind has that money spare!! Grr makes me angry :( xx

Its stupied how the system works. I hope you can figure it out hunny, speak to family or maybe citizens advice.

XXxx

i agree the system is a joke- Ive cut my hours not on maternity leave yet and shattered and its basically cause i cant afford to as im not going to get much help either :( plus im returning to work quickly after having the baby to- Hope u get it sorted wld u be able to afford things if u buy a few bits a week ? i had to save and save and went and got it all at once only way i could work it x

Aww Hun it's hard I swear you get penalised fit working hard all your life and trying not to claim anything but when people really do need it they don't help! Other people don't lift a finger and get loads of dosh. I've worked consistently since I left school and I'm now 28 and I will have to go back to work when baby is here as we won't afford ne thing yet child care is looking at being about 800 a month and I bet if i asked for help I'd get ' your wages are too high you don't meet the criteria'!but I've worked so I don't gave to claim!! who in their right mind has that money spare!! Grr makes me angry :( xx

i agree, this system rewards people that dont lift a finger their whole life, its so frustrating! im on annual leave now, i also am a makeup artist part time, but having to take a break as i cant be on my feet too much as bubs is putting alot of pressure on my down below, so keep having to turn down bookings :(

ive worked consistently aswell since being 16, along with doing other bit and bobs on the side, only went part time when i got married as hubby was able to support us both, but now look :(

true makes me very angry aswell!!

Once I go on Maternity leave that is it. we are going to be sooo skint, we earn just a wee bit too much to get any help at all, so will just have enough for very basic stuff and bills. :( I'm still working and probably will be until my waters break or I start getting contractions but we are just going to have to make do :(. The whole system is a total joke!

Last edited:
i agree the system is a joke- Ive cut my hours not on maternity leave yet and shattered and its basically cause i cant afford to as im not going to get much help either :( plus im returning to work quickly after having the baby to- Hope u get it sorted wld u be able to afford things if u buy a few bits a week ? i had to save and save and went and got it all at once only way i could work it x

i might have to return early if hubby doesnt get a job by the time smp finishes.
luckily some of the things i bought like cot/steriliser/car seat were 50% off so saved money, but then i had to keep going back into bubs savings just to help pay bills etc and i hated doing that as it was his money, i dont really want to ask parents for money as we're living with them for free. we only help out by getting food and helping out with things around the house etc.

Last edited:
we didnt get it either and we are on the right benefit we dont qualify because we already have a child so your not alone, the baby is still going to need alot of stuff after its born so just buy essentials now then you can claim it once your tax credits is through, what do you have left to still buy?

I didn't realise how hard it would be until I was pregnant and starting working out smp. I've been living off smp for a month now and basically my OH wages pay all the bills and we live off my smp but its harder than I thought, we get by but have had to sacrifice a lot. X

Its horrible honey, you're right, the system is a complete joke, it's all wrong :( I finish work next Friday (mixture of contract ending and maternity), and my OH is currently on JSA...but....he's moving in with me, so his JSA will stop, cause apparantly I have too much money?! Sorry but I'll only have SMP & child benefit etc. The amount they say you need to live on, is a joke, I'd like to see them try! We don't get the grant either, cause bubs is my second, but if you buy things little by little, could you manage that way? Until you have LO, and then claim again for the grant?
Sorry can't be any more help :( xx

we got told we arent enititled even though we get working tax credits.i couldnt believe it they said it has to be with a disability. so basically they ar discrimating against us because we haven't got a disability. hello if we are on tax credits its cos we are on low income you stupid sat in an office on your arse earning loads of money and giving our tax money to everyone else.

i was made redundant last year and was told i could only sign on for a certain amount of time as they wouldnt pay me past that date because i had worked. i was like so your telling me if i had never bothered working and paying my way i would get everything paid for as long as i wanted. the woman just said unfortunatley thats the way the system works. ergh.

sorry im calm honest. xxx

The system is shit. Me and my OH both work full time and so we dont qualify. Its the shitty system that pays people not to work.... sometimes i think we would be better off on the scrounge!! x

I feel the same way its ridiculous, luckily I don't have a hell of a lot left to get, got the buggy, nappys, bouncer, bedding, mobile and bits n bobs, but also my hospital bag hasn't been packed need to get that stuff.. but I also wanted to put some money away for when my smp starts for a rainy day but obv that won't b happening anymore :'(

I feel the same way its ridiculous, luckily I don't have a hell of a lot left to get, got the buggy, nappys, bouncer, bedding, mobile and bits n bobs, but also my hospital bag hasn't been packed need to get that stuff.. but I also wanted to put some money away for when my smp starts for a rainy day but obv that won't b happening anymore :'(

you have up to 3 months after the baby is born to get it so if you get over the basic family element which is 5 hundred and somthing in tac credits you will be able to claim for it so will have £500 for any future purchases or rainy days :)

That doesn't sound right to me. My OH works 14 hours, i did work 14 hours until i got pregnant. We got JSA to boost his wages and we qualified? xxx

Scuse my french but... The jobcentre are wankers... They pick and choose when they feel like saying yes/no... I'd say either appeal the decision, which I'm sure you can do, or give it a few weeks and re-apply... :hug: hope you get things sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back