I am not going on holiday:(

knopk@

Reaction score
Well, I went to my appointment today with the cardiologist and my bp is not good, they told me they will probably see me often and told me not to go on holiday to Turkey, I will be 27 weeks. They said in case of complications it might go wrong as the medical care there is not good, now I have to try and get my money back. But we decided not to risk it as I am classed as high risk pregnancy.
The only good thing is that I got to hear my baby's heartbeat which was a pleasant surprise, now I want one of those monitors!

Aww hun sorry to hear that. If u get a letter written by him I think u can claim on ur travel insurance if ur advised not to fly xx

He did give me a letter so I will try to claim it

How annoying, I hope they don't make too much of a fuss about giving you your money back and maybe you can go somewhere closer to home instead?

I had the same thing I had to cancel my hol to Hong Kong (should have been flying this Friday *sob*) because midwife said it was too risky, we didn't claim on the insurance as we hadn't bought any yet, we just cancelled the flights we lost £400 but they are refunding the remaining £1100. If you have insurance it should be fine to claim on it especially if you have a letter, gutted for you that you can't go though, I know how you feel!!

aww, sorry you missed out on your holiday. i too am going to miss out on mine :-( i was meant to be going to cyprus in a couple of weeks, for my birthday. i think my daughter will be the most dissappointed. it's not been too much fun having me on bedrest, and now to miss her trip away.
still, here's hoping that maybe next year.. or when things have settled we can get our holidays.
for now, i guess we have to prioritise making these little folk! xx

We do indeed. It is disappointing but when you think about it, no money can buy health or our little ones.
I think we should go when babies are still small(and not toddlers), thats what I have been told anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back