HSG pain

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by Claire36, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Claire36

Claire36 Member

Hi, hope I'm in the right place to ask this question- sorry if it's not! I had my HSG done on Monday and was told everything looked good. It was a painful process and I found it very uncomfortable. I feel really sore where it took place and feel really bruised inside, hurts when I lift wavy things and when I cough. Is this normal? I don't want to phone the gp if this is how I should be feeling xx

2. Sugarpop

Sugarpop Well-Known Member

I felt fine afterwards just a little tender. I would say if you aren't bleeding that your inside bits are feeling sorry for themselves and are probably just overly tender. Give it a few days then contact your GP if your worried.

3. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

I went back to work after mine and felt fine. However by evening it hurt and I was a bit tender the following day. After that I was back to normal. I was given a number to phone if I felt unwell, did they give you the same?

4. Claire36

Claire36 Member

I was just told that I may get some spotting. She may have said more to be honest but I was feeling a bit stunned from the pain !! I wasn't expecting it to hurt like it did. I still feel uncomfortable there and definitely not normal- just hope that with each day it will get a bit better. Really don't want to contact the GP if this is how it's going to be! Thank you for replying- fertility is quite a lovely place at times

5. Blondie_x

Blondie_x Member

I didn't find the HSG to be painful, but I did have some slight pink spotting a few days after. I hope you are feeling back to normal now.

6. Claire36

Claire36 Member

Thank you- feel back to normal I think! Just waiting to go back and see the consultant now. Just want to know what's going to happen next x

7. Crazycatwoman

Crazycatwoman Well-Known Member

The pain when your uterus spasms when they inserted the dye.
    Fucking kills xxx

8. Claire36

Claire36 Member

Thank you - is that what caused the pain during the procedure?

9. Crazycatwoman

Crazycatwoman Well-Known Member

Yes, I had to have them stopped. My blood pressure dropped and I went white!
    It doesn't take too long tho x