how to hide it from friends?

Andrianne

Reaction score
We're going out for drinks tonight. We kinda do that every Friday.

I won't be able to drink, how can I get around this without people realizing or even suspecting?

I thought about telling them I'm on antibiotics and can't drink... Any other suggestions?

It's a farewell get together as a friend is leaving for good and I've already said I'm going

thanks

the antibiotics route is probably the best way to go to avoid any questions.

You could also say you've got to drive so you can't drink

be the driver! that's the best one.
or get your hubby to order your drinks and just get a lemonade with lime in, pretend it's a vodka and lemonade

Or just say your stomach has been a bit iffy today and while you feel ok to be out, you'd rather not drink in case it causes you to be ill later. Then you can stick to something plain and simple.

Don't say anything unless someone mentions it. Chances are some won't even notice or question it. We all have off days. Sticking to still water for the night, or a glass of cola won't be hard to explain away.

Chrissy1 said:
the antibiotics route is probably the best way to go to avoid any questions.

You could also say you've got to drive so you can't drink

I said that.....

but they guessed anyway because usually i do both haha :rotfl:

You could say you are on a detox diet that is zero alcohol

I can't say I'm driving as I don't have a car here - and it's withing walking distance from my house

Chances are they're going to notice because it's a pub and everybody orders a beer. We will get a pitcher and share so it will be odd. I always have a beer or two when we go out

Detox could be OK but these guys see me every day, they know my eating habits. I'm relatively thin so they're probably going to laugh and break me

I thought about arriving late and going to the bar and ordering myself, ask for non-alcoholic beer. I don't even know if they have any! If that fails I'll have to say i'm on antibiotics or that my stomach is iffy

Thank you all!

Hope you're having a good night and that your friends don't notice ;)

P.S. The "Ive given it up for lent" went down a treat last night!! (even though everyone knows I am not one bit religious).

If anyone says to me "oh I bet ur pregnant" I tell them "no... I wish... but these 40 days are practise for when I am".

:wink:

Because of the brown discharge last night, I called and said I wasn't feeling well and I wouldn't be going.
I ended up going for a quiet dinner with 2 other friends (one of which is my best friend here and knows). They went for drinks after dinner but I said I'm tired and came home.

Still, sooner or later I'll have to have some excuse! Thing is, I did use the antibiotics excuse when I talked to 2 guys on the phone, thinking I was going to go. I can't be on them forever so I'll have to come up with something else without seeming I'm coming up with numerous excuses. Lent is a good idea! Ani thanks for the post, good advice!!

Also on a second thought, detox sounds good, thanks chelle. I could just say I want to cut down on alcohol and get healthier

Thanks ladies
xx

Your welcome hun. I used it as an excuse myself and nobody questioned it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111