How to Avoid stretch marks - Help!

Stacey Marie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies I know that almost everyone gets stretch marks during pregnancy but do any of you know of any good ways to minimise them? I've heard that cocoa butter is good anyone know if it works? thanks :) x

I'm just moisturising religiously on boobs and bump and thighs every day when I get out of the shower and so far I have no stretch marks. Fingers crossed I won't get any! x

i didnt get non wat so ever untill the last 4 weeks when the baby engaged and i used coco butter all the way through, bio-oil is good for minimizing them to white and not red but if your guna get em you will

ive just been using everything really to keep my skin moist, ive been using the boots sanctuary mum to be range the oil and cocoa butter. but im afraid that there really isnt anything that will stop them if there gonna come. sighh oh well can try for nowt :)

As you say there is no way of avoiding them completely however they reccommend a good Vit E cream such as cocoa butter at least twice a day.

Also people do not realise that drinking water can also help in minimising stretchmarks. The better hydrated your skin (Inside and out!) the more likely it will smooth rather than really stretch!

I have made an aromatherapy oil and drink at least 2litres of water a day - So far so good!

Good luck hun xx

Stretch marks are hereditary too. So if your mum
Got them, there's a good chance you'll get them too :(
I used Bio Oil as it smells gorgeous & does work at fading scars & stretch marks. I found the smell
of Cocoa Butter too sickly (but that's a personal choice). I didn't get any stretch marks until around 32 weeks, but found Bio Oil faded them away into silvery lines really well. Look on the positive side - they are a sign of your pregnancy & people have much worse scars than that to contend with than stretch marks.

Sunnyb xxx

I am using clinque body butter as the coca butter smell makes me feel sickly and bio oil in the.bath. I didn't get any with dd but I am carrying this one differently v v low and have started to get one. It's red and a dot at the moment with .12 weeks left I think it may get bigger x

I tried everything but did it make a difference nope !! Going to the doctors today because i think i have pupp x

Ive so far escaped, haven't got any as yet!!! I use baby oil, i use it religiously pregnant or not!!!xxxxxx

dont forget to moisturise love handles on your back, this is the only place ive not been doing and i found one the other day :(

Iv had 2 babies and been pretty lucky as I dont have any on my belly I did get them in my calves and bum and boobs tho but not very big and you can hardly tell now it doesnt really bother me too much but I do keep moisturised and use a little oil in the bath but as others have said theres no way of avoiding them if your going to get them you will x

my best mates husband is a skincare expert and told me when i was pregnant that it doesnt matter what u use as long as u moisturise, a £20 cream will be just as good as a £2 pot of nivea.

even so i moisturised with body butter the whole way through pregnancy and didnt get any stretchmarks (so i thought) when my stomach went down thats when they have all showed!!

All a total waste of money, you either will or won't. The bugger for me is I've only got them in the few days I've gone overdue!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back