How soon after your miscarriage did you get your periods?

scotsgal23

Reaction score
Is it normal to be bleeding again 15 days after you last stopped bleeding through the miscarriage. It feels weird as i didnt get my normal period symptoms just a really sore back again. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know is the simple answer to that one, sorry.

After my m/c it was 32 days before I got my next period, which is about normal for me. If in doubt go and have a chat with your dr.

:hug:

between the first day of my miscarriage and the first day of my period was 32 days, but when i miscarried i was bleeding for 2 weeks, so i only had 21 days bleed-free. my first period was my usual light-medium flow and my usual 3 days length.

I'm still waiting for mine ... but it has only been 28 days since I finished bleeding.

I had a scan once I had stopped which showed that my m/c was complete but I was told that it may be possible that I could experience on and off bleeding between then and my next af. I haven't, but it sounds like it can happen and that it is ok. I think it is worth having a chat to your GP just in case though.

I'm sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug: To answer your question: yes, it's possible. I was told I could bleed up to 4 weeks with some interruption. Just let your body take its normal course.

well with my 1st, af arrived about 4 weeks later. with my 2nd i tried again straight away and got a bfp about 4-5 weeks after.

:hug:

I had my first period 33 days 4.5 weeks )after the m.c. I usually have a 26 day cycle though.

I think most people get their first period within 6 - 8 weeks at most.

I wanted to get my period right away so that I could try again ASAP, but the advice is to wait for 3 periods before trying. This is exactly what I did and I caught in the first cycle that I tried. Unfortunately as the second pregnancy was Ectopic I so did not know this until much later on.

I know waiting seems like a nightmare, but in the grand scheme of things it is probably for the best. What I plan on doing in my next wait ( I've decided on a six month breather this time) is to take to charting with a passion. That way when I am ready to start I will be fully armed with all the knowledge I could possibly need as to what happened when, that way the element of doubt will be reduced in my mind. Both pregnancies I have been certain of my LMP, but the consultants have always pulled the " oh but you may ovulate late in your cycle and not be as far along as you think" routine on me. I aim to be fully prepared for that next time. And there will be a next time, for both of us.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Take care of yourself

i completely finished bleeding last monday, and think AF is starting (got some spotting) 8 days later grrrrr

I bleed for 1 week , and then got my period exactly 4 weeks after I stopped bleeding xx

i was wrong last week AF wasnt on her way, im still waiting, i just want it to hurry up, so i can get back to TTC again :(

Hey all,
I went to the docs last week and the doctor said that he doesnt think this is my actual period he thinks my hormones are just all over the place. He told me to go back this week if it hasnt stopped.
The bleeding has never been constant in heavyness or colour but recently it bright red but im worried as im getting a lot of clots and my legs feel very heavy. dont think this is normal didnt get them much when i bled at first from miscarriage.
I forgot to mention this has now been going on 6 days and when i had scan they said nothing was there so everything was completely removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back