How soon after baby comes can you fly safely?

Scarletts.Mummy

Reaction score
I know it takes a while for the lungs to develop properly but does anyone know how soon it is safe to flu after the birth? My parents live abroad and I want to visit them as soon as I can do! x :?

depends on airline you fly with- I don't think most will accept babies under 2 weeks.

It will also depend how soon you get signed off my your health visitor :)

thanks hun.

I was thinking about going 6 weeks after thought that would prob be best.

our baby is due Aug22nd. We're moving to the US on saturday and we're planing on coming back to the UK in late October. baby will be 8weeks or so. I wanted to wait atleast 2 months to allow her to settel in and develop a good immune system before going on a long hall flight. I dont think there is a set rule though, if baby has a passport then baby can fly. depends on the airline, some dont have rules.

We are due on 3rd September and are planning to fly out just before Xmas - long haul. I have discussed this with MW and she has said it is safe....at birth they will give all the jabs necessary both to myself and the LO - something to do with building immune system ...

So we will be travelling while he is 3 months old...

Depending on whether I go overdue, we may be flying with a 2 week old, to go home for a wedding. Easyjet won't take them any younger, but when i mentioned this to the midwife she was surprised and said there is no medical reason for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back