Reassurance needed!

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Ok so Harry has been suffering with trapped wind for a while now and we've been giving him infacol for just over a week

His poo's have reduced to one a day, although he hasn't had a poo
Now since yesterday morning.

Today has seen him feed constantly (I'm breast feeding) but not sleep for long periods of time- he usually has a good 2-3 hour nap

When he's been awake he's been suffering and obviously straining and pulling his legs up

We've been rubbing his back and belly but is there anything else we can do? OH is getting worried saying its not right for him to be in pain. I agree but I'm a bit more relaxed and think it'll pass (or hopefully a poo will)

I know they say babies don't have to poo everyday... Just hate seeing my little man upset.

Any suggestions/ideas? He's just over 2 weeks old xx

Bf babies don't pop everyday, well the lucky ones don't, Tyler is like a tap! Does LO take infacol? That really really helped us, also search on YouTube waterwheel massage (I think it called) how about a warm bath?

He likes his infacol!! He knows it means booby time!'

Might try him with a bath tonight and will have a look for massage.

Think seeing OH worry worries me more than Harry!!

Yeah try different massage techniques - there are some videos on YouTube. Also pulling baby's knees right up to their chest, pressing them down gently and moving in circular motion really helps! Xx

Didn't read that properly DOH! Tyler has kept us up twice with wind but when he was newborn to maybe 8-9 weeks old he'd never poo in the night but his first poo in the morning he'd really really strain. So much he'd be crying and it would wake him up. It was so horrible! There was nothing we could do until he'd done it and calmed down. I told the doctor at his 6 week appt who was flummoxed and told us to try infacol and it did him the world of good with regular use. But it could've also been him getting older and a fluke?

I think you're doing all you can, my lo suffers terribly with trapped wind, GP just says it will pass. Have switched to gripe water rather than infacol and she's significantly better, it's still bad tho and yep it's horrid to watch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back