Constipated? Help

twinkle84

Reaction score
My LO been weaning for over 2 weeks loves it no problems! He last had a poo Thursday and since only little bits! He's not upset and sleeping ok but he keeps straining like he's trying to poo but nothing! I'm worried poor thing! I know about rubbing tummy, warm bath and boiled water! Anything else? Should I just give milk and no water! Thanks x

have you recently changed his milk as i think i saw you in another thread talking about follow on milk.

If so then follow on milk can give babies constipation and i think you are supposed to just give them water with there food as well. if that makes sense..

Hope that helps xx

You could dilute some orange juice in some water that should help him go x

amelia got like this when i started weaning her she eventually went and her stomach started digesting the food i give her fruit for pudding x

have you recently changed his milk as i think i saw you in another thread talking about follow on milk.

If so then follow on milk can give babies constipation and i think you are supposed to just give them water with there food as well. if that makes sense..

Hope that helps xx

No I dont think that's me Hun?! My LO been on aptimal first milk since born and no problem until this wk after weaning! Will up water intake tho thsnks!

Thanks all for tips will try them! X

yeah defo some diluted pure orange juice is fab 2 :) xx

try orange juice but in case that also does not help then try prune juice..prune juice helped my son pass his poo in just 4 hours..:) good luck

Sorry I'm know in a bit dumb but it's ok to give these juices diluted to my 5 month old? Sorry well obviously it is or u wouldn't give to yours ha x

yeah madison was constipated REALLY young and gp said diluted pure orange!! and u can give a 5 month old pure orange diluted anyway, i just didnt cos didnt want her getting used to it then refusing water but for constipation its ace! and works quite quickly xx

I find that cereals bung Isla up, so I alternate her breakfasts to get the right consistency (sorry lol) I also stewed some prunes and give them to her either with pear, apple or carrot.

Emma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back