how much...

twinkle90

Reaction score
Should my 6 week old be taking? in ounces i mean? Shes on 4oz atm xxx

On the formula tubs it says an average. Working it out 6 4oz bottles or 5 5oz bottles looks average for that age. But uf shes putting on weight then it will be whatever she fancies eating :)

Shes putting weight on. And doesnt always finish 4oz bottles. Only a dribble left over, sometimes she will leave an oz. Xxx

that seems all ok hun! and if shes gaining then thats all good xx

I wouldn't worry, till 10 weeks my lo would only take 2-3oz and she gained fine. She's now on about 4/5/6oz depending , I did change her from aptamil to hipp as she would scream at aptamil, which is why I think she took a lot less xxx

My lo is 17 weeks and is on 6oz bottles every 3-4 hours she was probably on 3-4oz at 6 weeks. Once she started draining most bottles I would up to the next oz.

My LO isnt draining all her bottles. so i dont want to up it yet. xxx

I think my son was in 6 bottles a day 4 to 5 oz per bottle

They're all so different. My LO is 5 weeks old and currently taking 5oz (and draining most of them) every 3-4 hours! Seems like crazy amounts. My daughter was only having 2oz at 5 weeks! As long as a baby is gaining weight and following a centile line/space there's no worry at all.

Max is 6 weeks, he will empty my boobs (granted I don't think I produce much) then still drain 6oz from a bottle, and would have more if he could i think!! seems such a large amount!! Xxx

Ruby has 5-6oz every 3 hours. She does sleep through from 11pm-5am now though so has dropped a bottle at night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back