bottle feeding - how much/how old??

Kimbo

Reaction score
if you're formula feeding, how much should they be having at 2 week old?
after stopping breastfeeding, leah was on 2oz every 1 n half - 2 hours.
then we upped it to 3, then to 3 n half.
tonight though she's just emptied a bottle with 4oz in.
is this too much for a 2 week old and is she extra greedy?? lol :lol:

Dunno, they eat as much as they wish. Personally, 150ml's suited Joseph fine. I'd start off with that, she'll soon tell you if she's had enough or wants more.

Thats not too much for a 2 week old hun. Harrison was on 7oz by 3 weeks lol and he hasn't turned out greedy or a big baby. Dont worry but what ever concerns you have your HV can help you with and will soon let you know if Leah is eating too much

Kimbo said:
if you're formula feeding, how much should they be having at 2 week old?
after stopping breastfeeding, leah was on 2oz every 1 n half - 2 hours.
then we upped it to 3, then to 3 n half.
tonight though she's just emptied a bottle with 4oz in.
is this too much for a 2 week old and is she extra greedy?? lol :lol:

4oz is great if she will drink that every time then your on to a winner. Imogen was having around 2 - 3 at that age then when she hit 8 weeks was having around 4.

Evie has a good 4oz feed everytime these days.

She started having the odd 4oz feed at about 2 weeks old so it sounds like Leah is doing the same.

I keep a count of how many feeds she has everyday and how many ounces she has in each feed in my diary. Then at the end of the day I add it up and it gives me a total so I can see how much shes had and in how many feeds. I also note the time of each feed to see if there is a pattern/rountine forming! (but then again I am totally anal about having lists of things!)

leland is on 4oz every 4 hours , at 2 weeks old he was building up going from 2 to 3

but remember when he was born he was only taking 1 oz !

im suprised that being forumla fed she wants feeding so often tho !

she should have about 6 x 4 oz feeds in a day , look at the back of your cartoon i think it give u a rough guidence

Just follow what Leah is doing, if she's draining all her bottles move her up an oz. I didn't take any notice to the guides on the powder. Jack went up very quickly and by 3 months was on 8oz and he has stuck with that ever since. All babies are different. :hug:

Gem both my kids are formula fed and they wanted feeding every couple of hours when they were newborns as well, they demand fed just like a breast fed baby.

The formula went straight therough the greedy sods lol

guess i was lucky the cos he demanded to be feed , but was every 3 hours right from word go !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back