how much weight should your baby gain?

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
Whn boobie feeding, on average how much weight should your LO gain, per week? xx

Not too sure if there is an average. all babies are different. Luckliy Cooper gained right from the start. I was never really that bothered about going getting him weight becos i knew he was fine.. bright, alert had wet/poo nappies xx Just found my red book and at birth Coop was 3.68 kg then at a wk old 3.76 kg then 2wk old he was 3.90kg not to sure what in lbs as they haven't filled it in :roll:

I don't think there is an average either

Finlay lost weight, but some back on, lost again and then gained from then on but it was completely random.

Its an impossible question to answer as it depends on the baby and how old they are. I found DD gained weight quite quickly in the first 6 weeks or so then it really really slowed down to the point i was getting her weighed every week as she was only gaining about 1oz a week.

As everyone else has said, its a really random answer, kinda like a piece of string! My son gained really quickly right from the off, anything from 7oz to 1lb a week but then he did feed constantly for the first 8 weeks!! My daughter on the other hand, had a steady gain of about 6oz a week for the first 6 weeks but since then has tapered off and in the last 4 weeks has only been gaining about 4oz a week and dropped down a couple of centiles. My HV keeps hassling me to keep an eye on it and try to get more milk in her - top-ups of formula no less! - but im not worried, she is perfectly healthy and we will carry on as we are! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back