FAO bf'ing mums.. Weight gain?

lozzi

Reaction score
How much on ave does ur baby gain a week?

Ellouise was 8lb 15oz at birth and 14 weeks on she is 13lb2oz

is that good gain?

i thougth she'd have gained more but the HV seems happy...

how much weight had ur LO's gained by ellas' age...

ps she is exclusively breastfed...

Olivia was 6lb 8 and is now just over 14lb, over the past few weeks has had abit of rice.

I would say that the weight gain sounds just right to me :D :hug:

Hey hun crashing your thread, im a bottle feeder but Ellouises weight is fine babes, bottle fed babies put weight on quicker as they get more and its all food not colostrum, dont worry your head over it the point is shes putting weight on and if shes following a line its brilliant, your doing a wonderful job keep it up :hug:

Alfiesmummy said:
Hey hun crashing your thread, im a bottle feeder but Ellouises weight is fine babes, bottle fed babies put weight on quicker as they get more and its all food not colostrum, dont worry your head over it the point is shes putting weight on and if shes following a line its brilliant, your doing a wonderful job keep it up :hug:

ty hunny :hug:

Tasha20 said:
Olivia was 6lb 8 and is now just over 14lb, over the past few weeks has had abit of rice.

I would say that the weight gain sounds just right to me :D :hug:

ta hun..

elllouise is gettin hungry... after sleepin thru she is now gettin up 2/3 times a night :( im contemplatin startin rice but im tryin to hold out incase its a growth spurt as i wanna do blw... what was the tell tale sign for u that it wasnt a growth spurt?

When she was like it for 3 weeks :lol: She had a 3 month growth spurt exactly at 3 months, constantly feeding, and 3 weeks later she was still feeding alot and crying becuase she wanted more and woke lots during the night, also she watched me eat alot.

She really loves the rice, I just started with a tea sppon in a bowl mixed with abit of water, she wolfed it down and new how to eat with a spoon very quickly.

Give her till the end of the week, if shes still the same give her ago, at the end of the day if shes not ready she wont have it. :)

Thea is 6 months old and weighs 14lbs 8oz ( i weighed her today). All babies gain at their own pace Lozzi, as long as Ellouise is being fairly consistent and following pretty much the same percentile then you have nothing to worry about.

As for the babyrice, if i were you i would try really hard to hold out at least a few more weeks if you can. The longer you wait the easier BLW will be for the both of you :)

Melanie said:
Thea is 6 months old and weighs 14lbs 8oz ( i weighed her today). All babies gain at their own pace Lozzi, as long as Ellouise is being fairly consistent and following pretty much the same percentile then you have nothing to worry about.

As for the babyrice, if i were you i would try really hard to hold out at least a few more weeks if you can. The longer you wait the easier BLW will be for the both of you :)

whats the earliest you cud do blw?

if i was start blw before 6 months.. if this is poss? wud i need to feed thru a baby safe feeder?

I started Thea at 5 months, i think that's about as early as its really recommended for BLW, before then they just dont have the coordination. Mind you Thea happily used her safe feeder for frozen fruit for her gums at 3 months. She held it will and sometimes needed a bit of help aiming it in the right direction but mostly she did ok herself.
Id say if you were going to try BLW early then a safe feeder is the safest possible way to do it.

Melanie said:
Mind you Thea happily used her safe feeder for frozen fruit for her gums at 3 months.

that was something else i was wondering as i have heard a few on the forum talking about frozen EBM and frozen fruit for teethting its ok then to give them that in a safe feeder from 3 months?

when her lil cheeks are burning ill have to give it ago

what kind of fruit did you give thea? did it have a massive differnce on ehr bowels etc?

thanks.

I gave Thea frozen melon, grapes, kiwi, mango and strawberry. Stay away from oranges because they can irritate babies stomachs. With the frozen stuff I never saw a difference in her nappies.
If her little cheeks are all red and hot then give it a go Lozzi.

Melanie said:
I gave Thea frozen melon, grapes, kiwi, mango and strawberry. Stay away from oranges because they can irritate babies stomachs. With the frozen stuff I never saw a difference in her nappies.
If her little cheeks are all red and hot then give it a go Lozzi.

thanks huny, just ordered a safe feeder, so when it comes, when she next has burning cheeks ill give it a go.. thanks hunny! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back