Babies weight gain.

NIE

Reaction score
How much weight did your baby gain/lose in the first few weeks.

Adam has gained 3oz in his first 6 days. :shock: Should I be worried about this as I thought babies lost weight the first week. The mw said it was unusual, and today I am starting to worry. xxx

Abigail stayed the same at a week old
Tia put on 7oz
Jordan lost 6oz
Hayden lost 2oz

charlotte put on...never lost.. if babys are bottle feeding they usualy put on or stay the same...

Hi there, My daughter Jessica was breastfed and put on 2.5 oz in the first 6 days but the next week she only put on 0.5oz. The midwife said to me it was rare to put on in the first week, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. :hug: .

Jessica maintained
Aimee gained 2oz
Nathan gained 7oz

ryan never lost any, birth- 10lb 7.5oz
5 days- 10lb 8oz
10 days - 10lb 12
3 weeks - 11lb 4
4 weeks - 12lb 6 :shock:
5 weeks - 13lb 3
6 weeks - 13lb 6
7 weeks - 14lb
8 weeks - 14lb 10

as you can see hes never lost weight, but put on loads, over a lb in week 3-4 but the hv said he's fine so i wouldnt worry hun, he'll be fine

melissa was 7lb 7oz at birth. i think she lost 3 or 4 oz in the first 4 or 5 days, (i cant remember the exact weight or time as i didnt get to keep my postnatal notes) but when she was 11 days old she was 7lb 12oz.
she gained about half a pound a week which i was told was lots for a breast-fed baby- until this last month or two- she lost a few oz at the beginning and has only maintained this month. iv been told its coz shes so active now.

clairescunny55 said:
ryan never lost any, birth- 10lb 7.5oz
5 days- 10lb 8oz
10 days - 10lb 12
3 weeks - 11lb 4
4 weeks - 12lb 6 :shock:
5 weeks - 13lb 3
6 weeks - 13lb 6
7 weeks - 14lb
8 weeks - 14lb 10

as you can see hes never lost weight, but put on loads, over a lb in week 3-4 but the hv said he's fine so i wouldnt worry hun, he'll be fine

Gosh that's a lot. :shock:

Finn was 7lbs 8oz at birth and then went down to 7lbs then went down to 6lbs something! We had a bit of slow weight gain to begin with but he was 3 weeks early and jaundiced so he was fighting that off too. Now he's a healthy 10lbs 7oz at 6 wks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back