Newborn sleep advice please.

NIE

Reaction score
How can I get Adam to sleep more at night instead of during the day?

Between the hours of 9am and 8 pm he only wakes for a feed. I have tried to wake him but it's no good. From 8pm, throughout the night, he is awake on and off and won't sleep longer than 30 Min's before he screams the house down for either a feed, bum change, wind or to be held.

I am getting quite tearful with the lack of sleep and need some advice quick.

Thanks. xxx

It is really early days yet but the only thing I can suggest is try to stimulate him as much as possible in the day. If you can wake him half an hour before a feed and try to keep him awake. I know its hard when they are so young but you need to make their day and night different. Lots of noise and light in the day and nice quite dark at night.

It is much too early. You cant make newborns get in the routine yet. So the only advise is to be stong. First month is a really tought time and it seems it will never end, but, it does. When your LO will be a few weeks older, you can try to do what we did, we kept Daniel awake from 5 pm till about 8 pm, even if it ment him crying a bit, but it worked for us. :hug: And menawhile, try to sleep during the day, when Adam sleeps! It is really importaint for you to get some sleep. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Carina said:
It is much too early. You cant make newborns get in the routine yet. So the only advise is to be stong. First month is a really tought time and it seems it will never end, but, it does. When your LO will be a few weeks older, you can try to do what we did, we kept Daniel awake from 5 pm till about 8 pm, even if it ment him crying a bit, but it worked for us. :hug: And menawhile, try to sleep during the day, when Adam sleeps! It is really importaint for you to get some sleep. :hug: :hug: :hug:

sounds like great advice! i'm having the same problem. will try what u did

laetitia85: :hug: It worked miracles. It took few days, but then he was sleeping from about 9pm till 7pm with just two feeds (he was about 3-4 weeks old).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back