How much laundry a week?

tipper

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm curious about how much laundry one actually has to do with a newborn. This will be our first child, and I'm starting to panic thinking about all the potential laundry we'll have since our apartment building only has one shared washer/dryer between the 8 tenants.

I've started looking for a new place to rent, one that has a washer/dryer in the apartment, but it seems a tad silly to move out of our current location with a little one on the way. Plus we've been trying to save up for a house, but that could be a couple of years off.

Thanks for the insight :)

I use 2vests and 1 sleepsuit and 1 outfit a day and wash them all once a week in 2 loads. Sooner if he's outgrowing things and i'm running out of things for him to wear xx

I do 2 loads max a week that includes washing her towels and blankets x

i wash atleast everyother day. but its cuz otherwise i run out of stuff!

Phew! Sounds like the laundry loads are relatively manageable. While I'd still like to move into another place, I think I can rest a little easier knowing I won't have to fight for our washer more than a couple times a week.

I have two washes on every other day. One for baby, one for us.

I wasn't prepared for how much baby sick would end up all over me and OH!

Gem - when did blake start proper puking? Lizzie just dribbles excess milk at the mo so our clothes are fine, but I presume it gets worse??
I've barely noticed any extra washing yet tbh, baby things are so small it takes forever to collect up a proper load! I rinse things that are dirty with wee etc but then just chuck it in the 'baby' laundry basket to build up.

im like gemma esp as alex is sick on me almost everyday all our clothes go in the same loads tho just sep by colours

Gem - when did blake start proper puking? Lizzie just dribbles excess milk at the mo so our clothes are fine, but I presume it gets worse??
I've barely noticed any extra washing yet tbh, baby things are so small it takes forever to collect up a proper load! I rinse things that are dirty with wee etc but then just chuck it in the 'baby' laundry basket to build up.

That's exactly what i do and just wash it once there's a load xx

Blake started being sick about 2/3 weeks. This week has been particularly bad with projectile vom (nice!).
I think this is a boy thing but 50% of the time when I'm changing his nappy he'll pee on himself just as I whip the nappy away or tuck his vest under his bum. I always put a terry underneath him so I'm washing these and sicky muslin squares all the time.

Oh and should point out us, midwife, lactation lady and health visitor all think he's being sick because he's a greedy pig. Health visitor was shocked at the noises he was making on the boob. He hardly breathes!

Blake started being sick about 2/3 weeks. This week has been particularly bad with projectile vom (nice!).
I think this is a boy thing but 50% of the time when I'm changing his nappy he'll pee on himself just as I whip the nappy away or tuck his vest under his bum. I always put a terry underneath him so I'm washing these and sicky muslin squares all the time.

I talked it up. Literally as it turned midnight last night Lizzie projectile vomited all over herself, her blanket and down the side of the moses basket. What a way to start the year! :lol:

Oh no! Welcome to being covered in sick all over your favourite clothes!

Oh yes did I mention they're never sick on your Scruffs, just when you're ready to go out wearing a nice top!

Oh no! Welcome to being covered in sick all over your favourite clothes!

Oh yes did I mention they're never sick on your Scruffs, just when you're ready to go out wearing a nice top!

Easy way of scoring more one-2-one time with mummy.... Sneaky tactics ;)

I did 1/2 washings a day, due to baby puking on herself and also over us. Also the cot sheets needed washing every day and then the normal washings for 2 adults.

Oh and I think if i remember right - you need to use a softer washing powder for newborns.

we do about 4 loads a week. but that includes all our clothes and all J's clothes. we mix his in with ours as well just seprate them with colours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back