Landlords....... Making me skint!!

lewlew

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently living in a 2 bed apartment, with me, my daughter, my partner and the bump!

My contract doesn't run out until Sept but having spoken to the Landlord they have said if i pay £464 release fee, i can end my tenancy.......

However, they are now saying i cant move until they get new tenants and still want me to pay rent.... £550 pcm.

I have found a new house, which i want to move in, but obviously need to pay rent £525, bond £500 and admin fee's to the new estate agents.....

Does anybody know my rights regarding my current landlords? e.g if i'm paying the £464 fee why do i still have to pay rent?? I'm a student nurse and not on a huge income, so there is no way i can afford rent on 2 places.

Advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks xxx

hmmm paying that i thought you have a right to mve coz you need a big place ie neer know a landlord to do that at all if you payed a bond wont that not cover it if you have to your est bet is to going to citizens advice theyll be able to help you more im pretty sure you can end your tenancy with giving 2 weeks notice?

i would also check your tenancy agreement to check if any thing is in it like theses things here:-
Can the tenant leave during the tenancy?

If the tenant has a fixed term tenancy but wants to move out before the end of the term, he or she can only do so if landlord agree or if this is allowed for by a “break clause” in the tenancy agreement and the tenant has followed any requirements for giving notice specified in the tenancy agreement.
If the agreement does not allow the tenant to leave early and landlord do not agree that he or she can break the agreement, the tenant will be contractually obliged to pay you the rent for the entire length of the fixed term.
If the tenancy has no fixed term, the tenant must give landlord notice in writing of his or her intention to leave. He or she must give at least 4 weeks notice where rent is paid on a weekly basis and at least a month’s notice where rent is paid on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
I have checked my tenancy agreement and it says
" where charges are made to the landlord, the tenant is responsible for paying these" or something like it.

Which is why i agreed to pay the £464 fee, but how the hell can they expect me to pay rent aswell? Surely the £464 fee is covering their charges for the estate agent to re-market the property?

Grrrrrr so annoyed, i desperatly need to move house, and the one i want is perfect for us, 3 bedroom, garden, loads of space and CHEAPER than this small apartment we r in now!!! xxxx

Im currently living in a 2bed flat and my tenancy ends in august and i have to give 2months notice to leave and i cannot leave before august and i have to give the 2months notice. Iv had problems here with leaks in the ceilings and even then i have no right to move out even if my ceiling was going to colapse on my daughter or me. Thats a problem with renting with a contract your bound to what it says. I hope you get yours sorted out x

try calling your local citizens advice, sounds like your landlord has changed his mind as he couldnt find new tentant so wants you to pay the full rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back