Most useful item?!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Lucy, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi

Wow, my life has been changed! I've bought a laundry sorter from Next!! It's just a chrome frame with two bags that have handles that hang over each side, one for coloured items and one for whites - it's made me so happy! I used to dread sorting through a full laundry basket trying to find out which load needed doing - this way I can see each bag filling up and then lift it up and carry it to the washing machine!

So, I was wondering what item/piece or equipment has made a difference to you?

Sorry if I sound absolutely mad, I just can't believe how much difference having two dirty bags for dirty washiing has made!

Lucy
    23 + 3

2. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

You don't sound mad at all Lucy. I've got one of those too, and it makes life so so much easier!! Why did no-one invent this before??

3. MrsG

MrsG Well-Known Member

I think they are a fab idea, but my husband would never put the right clothes in the right section and that would drive me insane!!

think I am stuck with separating the loads on wash day as usual.

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I get my hubbie to leave his dirty clothes on the floor next to the laundry basket! That way I can sort them into the right one. He just doesn't get the light and dark thing either, it confuses the hell out of him when he wears white sports 3/4 nike trousers with a navy stripe up the side!!!

5. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Tankett - I agree, should have been invented ages ago! (or perhaps they were and I'm slow to catch on!)

Mrs G - I know what you mean, I just managed to take out a pair of black socks from the white wash before I put it on earlier! HB needs more training I think!

Wow, and magic eraser! it takes all the marks of the internal doors - love it!

I daren't look at the Kleenex brochure that's just been delivered!

Lucy

6. ToriElla

ToriElla Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great invention! Just make sure no red socks go in with the whites by mistake!! :?

has anyone heard of those nappy wrapping machines? My friend works in a creche and says they are fab, they individually wrap nappies using a black bag and then you can just throw the whole lot away when it is full. Sounds like i good, fresh smelling idea :D

7. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

mine's not an item as such, but a service: TESCO.COM!!! it's fab, especially for us who don't have a car!!! waiting for my groceries to be delivered as i type!

it's well worth the delivery charge, especially when you consider my bus ticket to the nearest supermarket would cost £2 and i'd have to do a shop every week coz i can't carry very much. now i pay £3.99-£5.99 for delivery (depending on the delivery day/time), but can get away with doing it every 2 weeks as i don't have to worry about carrying heavy bags! and i don't have to even go to the shop and walk around for ages picking things!

how good is that gonna be when i'm 8 1/2 months pregnant! and just think when baby is here, i can get the nappies delivered as well, oh it's bliss! :D

8. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi Petchy

Funny you should mention Tescos - I used to use Tesco.com but when we moved house last yr they didn't deliver to our area! However, tonight the people that live opposite had a delivery from...... TESCOS!! Yay I'll be able to start ordering from them again (the nearest tesco store from me is about a 40 minute drive).

Like you say, it'll be absolutely fantastic when we're nearing due date and how brilliant that we wont have to take newborns round a supermarket!

Lucy