How much Fenugreek to take to increase milk supply?

ZMD

Reaction score
my milk supply has gone really Crap its fine till early evening then Tegan can't get much and ends up screaming so im having to give her 4oz that i manage to express in the mornings! I think its stress that is ruining my milk supply, my mum had a major heart attack 3 weeks ago and me and OH aren't getting on very well Atm. how much Fenugreek do i need to take to increase my supply? x

I'm not sure but I drink that mama milkmaid tea when I'm low and eat lots of oats which both help x

Where can i get the tea from Hun? i really hope it improves soon as im getting even more stressed due to not making much milk which only make it worse xx

It's horrible isnt it? Blake isn't sleeping at night so I've had about 8 hours in the last 72. When he feeds he's been emptying both sides so with this and the lack of rest, my boobs aren't getting the time to recover and my supply is low. I'm stuck in a vicious circle. Dad is bringing me some fenugreek round in a bit and I'm hoping that will help.

It is a very viscous circle Hun! i took the Fenugreek last week one capsule 3 times a day! be warned it makes your wee smell funny lol! it worked to start with but now im back to square one think i might need to take more? thing is i can't find nothing about it anywhere! hope it helps you x

I got the tea off amazon. came really quick x

Oats are meant to be good and seem to be helping me. Make lots of flapjack, also great for midnight feed snacks.

I had porridge today with oats so hope that works but my boobs havent appeared that full today, Alex just seems to be feeding loads at the moment and today can only feed on one side as my left is really hurting don't know what it is hope the hv can help tomorrow

I ordered the tea yesterday...hoping to receive it in 2-3 days.hope it helps..i did read good reviews of it on website

It's ok once you get used to it. I really like it now. Hope it works for you x

hope the milk situation is improving? things must be difficult at the mo for you.

I took fenugreek 2 tabs 3 times a day with food for 2 or 3 days and the supply really increased, then I stopped as just need to express loads for freezer during that time but think you're body may continue making more if you've encouraged it a bit with fenugreek. good luck x

No it was out of stock on amazon so ordered from natural baby shower website

hope the milk situation is improving? things must be difficult at the mo for you.

I took fenugreek 2 tabs 3 times a day with food for 2 or 3 days and the supply really increased, then I stopped as just need to express loads for freezer during that time but think you're body may continue making more if you've encouraged it a bit with fenugreek. good luck x

The milk supply is allot better than it was. im going to carry on with the Fenugreek for a few more days then stop and see if i carry on making as much milk xx

Im so chuffed Tegan has fed well all day went to bed at 8.30pm and at 9.30 i managed to express 4 and a half oz in 15 mins im so pleased! x

Im so chuffed Tegan has fed well all day went to bed at 8.30pm and at 9.30 i managed to express 4 and a half oz in 15 mins im so pleased! x

Brilliant! Might get me some of these tablets. X

I got them from holland and barrett i think they were 7.99 you get 100 tablets there probably cheaper online but i wanted them quick Xx

I've just bought the Fenugreek capsules from holland and barratt's for £7.99 + £1.99 p&p.
If you google 'holland and barratt voucher codes' there's a 20% discount code so I actually paid £8.39 so only paid 40p for p&p :-D Xx

Brilliant news! X

Is it worth starting to take Fenugreek just before your due date to ensure you have milk? or is this a bad idea, I read about people having leaky boob at about the same weeks I am, but I don't and I really want to breastfeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back