Fenugreek

maybebaby

Reaction score
Does it work? I've been a bit ill recently & don't feel I'm producing enough milk. Austin's been getting really frustrated and I've gone from being able to express 8oz in one go to 2oz. I'm getting a bit upset about it because I feel I can't feed my son. I've heard fenugreek helps with milk supply?

What are your experiences? Does it work, where do I but it, how much it it? Or any other tips for increasing mikl supply?

Thank you.

try expressingafter feeding to get the last bit out..make sure you are eating and drinking well

i have never heard of fenugreek so can't coment

I used Fenugreek when I was having trouble with my supply after being ill. It did work. I stopped using it once it got my supply back to normal. It only took a couple of days of taking it before it bought my supply back up.

There are mothers milk tea that contain fenugreek that you might find useful, I bought a load when I was pregnant with Alex from abroad, am trying desperately to remember where from as it was cheap! The lady that sold it to me was ever so friendly. I haven't tried it yet, but I think that some of the other members on here have and found it really helped.

Oats are good at helping with your supply, a good excuse to scoff lots of flapjack ;) You can get fenugreek capsules from Holland & Barrett I believe, but you need to take lots (until you smell of maple syrup if I remember correctly). The weather has gotten warmer and I find that my supply dips if I'm not drinking loads, I get through about 3-4 litres of water a day at the moment :shock:

Kellymom has lots of tips on herbal galactagogues etc (things that boost supply lol)
http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupp ... gogue.html

And don't feel down, you've done fantastically! Austin is probably going through a growth spurt at the moment :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back