How Many ?

wend

Reaction score
I was wondering how many hospital bags would i need ?

Would i need 1 for baby and 1 for me or one large bag ?????

I thought i better start buying stuff now for are hospital stay as im approching 30 weeks so everything can be pack ready .

Thanks girls would be lost without you all :hug:

i bought one big bag from argos, about £12 i think and out mine and Jacobs stuff in it, i didnt use half of what i packed but at least i had it! Just remember that someone will have to carry it to the ward for you so try to keep it to one bag i reckon!

Hi

My hospital says one bag for you and OH andone for LO .
That way you only bring in yours during labour and when you get settled in your room your OH grabsthe rest of the things
Katrina

Too early for me to be packing one just yet. I'm planning a homebirth but want a bag packed "just incase". We have bought one larger bag, I'll share it with Pudding's things...not like a few little vests etc take up much space and really if it's just an overnight I'll not need that much either. My friend has packed two bags though, one for her, one for the new arrival. I guess it's personal preference, I'm happier knowing DH just has to grab one bag and can't forget one if a dash to the hospital became necessary.

remember that you will need a few bits for baby in your labour bag though, clothes etc as you dress them in the delivery room thats why i found it easier to use one bag!

I packed one big bag, then inside it I have 3 individual bags, 1 for labour, 1 for baby, then 1 for hospital stay. Its easy to carry around but also easy for my OH to get the things I need while I am in pain. :?

I packed one big bag, it looked like i was leaving home

I packed 3 :oops:

One for labour, one for hospital and one for going home

I had two bags. One for labour which I took in and one for after which I left in the car and sent dh to get. In the labour one I did put in a vest, nappies and a babygro for the baby because they usually ask you if you have baby clothes. The rest I put in the postnatal bag for the ward.

Minime said:
I packed 3 :oops:

One for labour, one for hospital and one for going home

ditto - but it was one for me, one for alice and one for going home / after giving birth.

I also had a bunch of bananas and 3 mars bars stashed in mine coz I cant stand hospital food :lol:

I had a holdall with my stuff-I was induced so was expecting a long stay...in my bag I had a small plastic bag with nappy, babygro, hat and scratch mits for baby for after birth-the nurses post op were laughing at how organised I was-they said they could tell I was a first time mummy!!

We left baby bag in car until I was settled onto ward afterwards. Took loads of stuff I didnt need really-nappies etc. Our hozzie provided nappies, formula etc

Dont take car seat into hozzie either, you leave it in car for the day baby is coming home, a midwife will carry LO to car for you and ensure everything is fastened secure before you go

I had 3 ready.

our antenatal class advised that it's easier to have 3 due to lack of space.

Take one into labour with you, have one in the car ready for the ward and have another for going home outfits etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back