baby's hospital bag

fothers

Reaction score
I am trying to pack my hospital bag and was wondering what I needed to pack for the baby?

I am just going to pack for a short stay because OH can bring in extras if needed. I have put in 3 all in one baby grow things with legs and arms and was just wondering what to pack for wearing underneath it. I am due in January so didn't know whether I would need long sleeve vest things or short sleeves and how many?

Also, for going home I was just going to use a baby grow thing rather than an outfit but what on top? We have a snowsuit thing that my mum bought but it looks HUGE. We have a little jacket so would that be ok over the top then just a blanket over her legs?

We only live about 5-10min drive from the hospital so its not like we have far to go....

My bag so far is huge- hospital wil think I am staying for a month :shock:

I just packed nappies, wipes, a couple of vests and a couple of babygrows. I would have thought vest + babygrow would be enough but if you're worried take a blanket and maybe a little cardi/coat? Also you can get those velvety babygrows, that may be better than a standard cotton one..?

x

take 3 vests 3 babygrows, bibs, nappys, hats, 1 blanket and a cardigan thats pleanty..

None of our snow suits fit - even the newborn ones - so you might be better off with layers and blankets.

Im Not a Mum But Iv Packed:

15 Baby Gro's
15 Bib's
5 Cardigans's
2 Snow Suit's
3 Baby Shawl's
5 Pair's Of Bootie's
11 Pair's Of Baby Sock's
6 Pair's Of Mitten's
3 Baby Outfit's
5 Baby Hat's
2 Baby Hooded Towel's
2 Baby Blanket's
2 Bottle's & 2 Dummie's (Just Incase)
6 Baby Toy's
Our Baby Keepsake Book
6 Muslin's
Cotton Wool
Cotton Bud's
2 Packs Of Nappies
2 Pack's Of Wet Wipes
Johnson's Baby Bath Stuff
Nappy Rash Cream
..and The Car Seat :)

.. and Yeah Im Sure Iv Packed Way Wayyyy Too Much Blaa Blaa But I Dont Care. Its My Bag! :lol:

I packed loads too, but really didnt need an awful lot and we were in for 5 days...

The hospital supplied nappies, formula etc and she wore short sleeved vests under baby gros.

We had a little white velour baby gro with matching snow suit and hat to come home in, plus a big white hand knitted shawl from a friend, she was so wrapped up she looked like she was going to the North Pole!!! :rotfl:

Handy hint on the car seat...dont take it in the hospital with you, the midwife carries the baby to the car when you go home and then checks to see you have fastened baby in securely before you leave. If you take car seat in, you will end u carrying it out empty and will have arms full of bags and gifts etc....leave it in car all ready or baby to be put into.

xCarly said:
.. and Yeah Im Sure Iv Packed Way Wayyyy Too Much Blaa Blaa But I Dont Care. Its My Bag! :lol:
lol good on u girl it is your bag and u pack however much u like! :hug:
i hav to say tho, that is a lot and it did make me laugh! :rotfl:
sorry i dont mean that in a nasty way :hug: bless you! at least u definataly wont end up thinking "bugger, i wish id packed........"!

xCarly said:

15 Baby Gro's
15 Bib's
5 Cardigans's
2 Snow Suit's
3 Baby Shawl's
5 Pair's Of Bootie's
11 Pair's Of Baby Sock's
6 Pair's Of Mitten's
3 Baby Outfit's
5 Baby Hat's
2 Baby Hooded Towel's
2 Baby Blanket's
6 Baby Toy's
Our Baby Keepsake Book
6 Muslin's
Cotton Wool
Cotton Bud's
2 Packs Of Nappies
2 Pack's Of Wet Wipes
Nappy Rash Cream

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

R you planning on taking a holiday while you're in there :D i remember my bag with #3, the midwife went to pick it up and she said my god girl, what you got in there, most of it was video camera, nappies etc i know this time i'm taking minimal, dh can get anything i need from home after.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I Know..

My OH Said "Thats a Bit Much, Dont You Think You've Gone Over The Top?".. and I Told Him It Wont Do Any Harm, To Which He Replied..
"Who's The F*cker Thats Got To Carry The Bag! :shock: " LMAO, Bless :D

You have made me feel better Carly- I haven't packed as much as that.

I have a holdall with wheels though to stop OH moaning :rotfl:

xCarly said:

15 Baby Gro's
15 Bib's
5 Cardigans's
2 Snow Suit's
3 Baby Shawl's
5 Pair's Of Bootie's
11 Pair's Of Baby Sock's
6 Pair's Of Mitten's
3 Baby Outfit's
5 Baby Hat's
2 Baby Hooded Towel's
2 Baby Blanket's
6 Baby Toy's
Our Baby Keepsake Book
6 Muslin's
Cotton Wool
Cotton Bud's
2 Packs Of Nappies
2 Pack's Of Wet Wipes
Nappy Rash Cream

Carlyx... you've missed out the forklift truck you're gonna need to lift the crate you will be carting this all in... :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: carly!! omg i love you!! u made me laugh soooo hard!!! yeah ive packed to much.. but i dont care its my bag!!! ace girl!! ace!!!

and ur right u have packed to much.. but hey.. its lukes back not yours lol..

i dont even own 15 items of clothes lol..i have packed 2 baby grows 2 vest 2 hats and a pack of nappies so far..and a towel and flannel (want it to be recieved in my own towel)
hopefully i wont even need my bags.. and they can stay put upstairs..

well i actually bought some nappies tonight :D so i've got some nappies in my bag so far..well i will have when i get round to putting them in :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back