Maternity leave...

stephj25

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knows how late you can go on maternity leave? I've somehow got it into my head that the latest is 2 weeks before due date but I'm not sure.

The reason I ask is that I want to use all my holidays up before going on ML and leaving ML until the last possible day

I didn't think there was a legal point at which you had to take it?? I know a nursery nurse manager that worked part-time until after her due date recently as she felt fine! I am hoping to go until 38 weeks, even if I have to drag myself to school!!! Lol. At least I have 26 willing 10 and 11 year olds to be my slaves... Fetch this!! Carry that!!!

I am taking 5 weeks holiday prior to starting maternity. My contract states that maternity must start from the day the baby is born xx

ahh right, so I can't secretly have the baby then if I have it during my annual leave? lol

Haha don't think so! Although it might depend on who you work for, companies might have different policies. :) x

You can work right up until you have your LO, but if you have your little one whilst your on annual leave you will automatically start your maternity leave :)
Hope this helps.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back