Anyone in HR?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I get my MATB1 in a couple of weeks, and I'm making the most of my boss being away by writing my letter to say that I'll be going on Maternity Leave today. Do you think the following will be sufficent? Should I add/take anything out? I'm only getting Statory Pay, have I got my all of my rights in it?

I am writing to let you know that I am pregnant and to notify you of when I want to start my maternity leave and begin receiving Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) which I believe I am eligible for.
My baby is due on 24th December, 2011 and my MATB1 certificate, which confirms this, is enclosed.
I understand I qualify for 52 weeks' maternity leave, made up of 26 weeks Ordinary Maternity Leave and a further 26 weeks Additional Maternity Leave.
I would like to start my maternity leave on Monday 28th November 2011 which would make my last working day Friday 25th November 2011.
I believe I qualify for SMP, I understand that the actual payment will be made in the same way as you usually pay my wages, so I will be paid on the day I am usually paid on. I will also be entitled
If my leave starts on my intended date, my full maternity leave will finish on Monday 3rd December 2012 plus the 20 days holiday I would have accrued which would mean my first working day will be Monday 24th December 2012. If I want to change the date I am coming back to work, I must give you at least eight weeks notice.
If I am unable to return, for example because I am sick, the normal rules for my job will apply. If I decide that I do not intend to return to work I must give at least the notice period required by my contract of employment. I hope this is all satisfactory and I look forward to hearing back from you.

meeeee :)

OK you've made a mistake hun here...

I believe I qualify for SMP, I understand that the actual payment will be made in the same way as you usually pay my wages, so I will be paid on the day I am usually paid on. I will also be entitled ???

other than that it looks perfectly sufficient. we have an application form here but u've covered everything in there. You will also be entitled to the bank holidays that fall within your maternity leave. have a look online and see which bank holidays fall within ur time and include Xmas bank holiday. so for me, i'm getting my 31 days annual leave plus 9 bank holidays back.

xx

Sorry made a mistake in a date too and taken out that other bit that you pointed out Pos

I am writing to let you know that I am pregnant and to notify you of when I want to start my maternity leave and begin receiving Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) which I believe I am eligible for.
My baby is due on 24th December, 2011 and my MATB1 certificate, which confirms this, is enclosed.
I understand I qualify for 52 weeks' maternity leave, made up of 26 weeks Ordinary Maternity Leave and a further 26 weeks Additional Maternity Leave.
I would like to start my maternity leave on Monday 28th November 2011 which would make my last working day Friday 25th November 2011.
I believe I qualify for SMP, I understand that the actual payment will be made in the same way as you usually pay my wages, so I will be paid on the day I am usually paid on.
If my leave starts on my intended date, my full maternity leave will finish on Friday 23rd November 2012 plus the 20 days holiday I would have accrued which would mean my first working day will be Monday 24th December 2012. If I want to change the date I am coming back to work, I must give you at least eight weeks notice.
If I am unable to return, for example because I am sick, the normal rules for my job will apply. If I decide that I do not intend to return to work I must give at least the notice period required by my contract of employment. I hope this is all satisfactory and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Just seen what you said about bank holiday's too :) yay look's like I wont be back untill the new year. Having said that I am planning on actually leaving this job then. My OH is worried that she won't pay me my holidays if I leave tho, she can't do that can she?

No, if you are employed until say, January 2013 you will be entitled to all the leave and bank holidays accrued during your employment while you were on maternity leave.

I've worked mine out so that i leave work on 2 December (using 2 weeks of annual leave from this year) and then i return in January 2013. I'm using my annual leave and TOIL to go back on the payroll though from October 2012 if that makes sense. so i'll be getting paid but will not be at work as i'll be using my accrued annual leave. xxx

So do you think I should go back into work on 24th December and hand my notice in then and work my months notice? (sorry i'm a bit clueless about everything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back