How many oz a day should my 14 week old be having

Holsf

Reaction score
How many oz roughly should I be giving my 14 week old a day?

It virus a lot! Depends on weight and how active they are etc. I wouldn't go off the back of formula tubs either!

I can't tell you what the correct amount is but my LO at that age was maybe having 18/20oz

As long as baby is happy with lots of wet nappies then their getting enough! Xx

Yea the back of tubs are based on a 50th centile baby Iv never bothered with that, he is on about 25oz a day but has started waking in the night again so just wondering if I increase it wether he will sleep through again he seems to be finishing his 5oz bottles now where as before he would always leave a little bit so might try putting 6oz in a couple of them, thanks :) xx

Every baby is different, if he is draining 5oz then up it and see how he gets on. You could also try a dream feed before you go to bed, to see if it helps him sleep through xxx

Thanks, but then what do you do about the winding? I think he needs to go to bed a bit earlier as when I was feeding him his bottle last night at 8.30 he just goes to sleep and it's really hard to wake him to finish it and I cannot get any wind up when he goes like that ! I will have to try the dream feed just don't want him to wake and think its time to play, I always keep the room near enough pitch black just have a night light on he woke at around 4:30 last night which seems to be the same time every night but Iv increased his bottles to 6oz seems like when he's waking he has trapped wind and needs to pump but I can't get it out for him I try to wind the only thing that settles him is a bottle. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back