How many ounces for newborn?

Keely

Reaction score
Kyla is 5 days old and taking 3 ounces every 3 hrs. I think she might want more as she is finishing them, but i dont wanna bloat her?!

What are your newborns taking?

xxxxxx

congratulations again Keeyly! hope you're all ok.
i know i haven't got a newborn but mine were all on 3/4 oz at birth, so if you think Kyla will take more then just try her, you will know if she really wants it or is just being greedy soon enough!!

if she is in a good routine of 3oz though then don't change it unless she is screaming the place down for more. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks foxymum..... I cant believe i havent check this thread for ages and I got one reply!? surely i cant be the only mum bottle feeding her newborn???????

xxxxx

Hiya, Glenn is having 2-3 oz evry 4 hrs, sometimes 3 in the day but he sleeps 7+ hours at night, he has been having that since he was born 11 days ago, he is on Aptamil 1 easy digest, i was worried that he wasnt taking enough but my midwife says that is fine, whats you baby on?

Ben went onto bottles at 6 weeks and took 4oz per feed, so I guess 3 oz is fine for your little person at the moment. He quickly moved onto 6oz.

I think the usual is 3-4oz when they are new born.

Arianna used to take 3oz of expressed breat milk, except for her feed at 11pm(ish) she would take 4oz then

It depends on baby weight how much they need. I remember, when Daniel was 3.09 kilos he had to take at least 70mls every 3 hours. But maybe it was becourse he lost weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back