How many of you go to one of these toddler groups?

We've just started going to a group for an hour once a week. It's held in a church and there's a sing song with musical instruments etc then babies play while mummies have a cuppa! It's really not my thing, but I do it for Ethan's benefit as he does enjoy it! I think the only problem is that a lot of the children are 12 months+ and there is only one little boy who is 6 months so a few months younger than Ethan. I would definitely look into going to more groups, but I'm back at work part time now so finding it hard to fit everything in! Xx

i didnt like them to start with, but the older he got, it is such a good thing to do just so you dont have to spend all day worrying about your own place getting trashed or having to pre plan where you go visit and if your mates etc are going to have child friendly homes so you dont have to spend every second chasing after your kid- he doesnt always notice other kids, but when i first went and there were lots of kids he cried his eyes out and now it doesnt phase him, so his confidence has grown, plus i love just sitting back and watching him run riot somewhere that i dont have to clean up after!

the other kids play with stuff and he observes sometimes and has learnt how to do other things as a result- e.g. we dont have stairs in our flat and one group has toy stairs they can practice on. he watched a boy going up and down them and within minutes he was teaching himself to do the same.

I havent made loads of friends from them as im quite shy, but you get familiar with people and it just breaks the day up. now im back at work i dont get to go hardly ever so i weirdly miss it!

I've been to a few groups with Sophie. Now we go to one regularly and will continue when I'm back at work.

I've always gone to groups since AJ was 10wks old, not so many now as I have both AJ and Sophie to consider and not all groups are suitable for both children.

I've never been to one and don't intend to, I was going to try the stay and play at our sure start but after all the frostiness I get when I take lo to clinic there I changed my mind!

I don't know anyone with babies/small children, but my lo is the most outgoing baby so I don't think it's adversely affected her yet! She's also going full time at nursery from 11 months so she'll get lots of interaction then :)

I go to groups 2 times a week. One is mums and tots and the other is sing and sign. My lo loves them, and although he's talking now so doesn't really need to go to sing and sign anymore he just loves it.
It's good for both of us and we've both made friends at our groups. I've been going since lo was 3 months old, and honestly think the groups and the women there have saved my sanity at times

Iv found the toddler groups far better than the baby groups... iv found the baby grouos to be very cliquey and a case of my baby is better than yours/taller/sleeping better/putting more weight on than yours and in cases my baby was sicker than yours at birth/section worse than yours etc etc...which tbh is NOT my thing cos my baby and toddler and my experiences are my OWN noone elses.....

I also just think baby groups are for mothers to get together.....not babys I mean what do babys do drool on each other...look at lights together...yoi get my drift....whereas at the toddler groups its a lot more stimulating, music, loads of different toys etc etc

Just my opinions x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back