How many baby groups do/did you go to?

floppit

Reaction score
Since little Freya has got so much more awake I want to do things with her. I'd forgotten all my nursery rhymes and wanted ideas so I started going to baby groups. We both seem to get alot out of them so now I go to 2 or 3 sing song ones, breast is best group, a weigh in and chat session with HV and baby signing. I don't do them all every week but Mon - Thurs we have something on each day.

I know I do quite alot but only 'cos I wanted lots of ideas and then got hooked.

How many (if any) do people here go to?

I'm too shy! I went to 1 group once but the women all met the week before so didn't speak to me. Knocked my confidence and never went back.
I'm not used to meeting people but i'm lacking company. I have no friends and don't see anyone except my older sister so i should do things really.

We go to Jo Jingles on a Monday morning, free singing/dancing class every wednesday at the library (I think all library's do them) and swimming lessons on Saturday. We used to go to jelly babies too :)

LisaJ1986 said:
I'm too shy! I went to 1 group once but the women all met the week before so didn't speak to me. Knocked my confidence and never went back.
I'm not used to meeting people but i'm lacking company. I have no friends and don't see anyone except my older sister so i should do things really.

I've never really been in with the in crowd - but I guess I don't worry about it too much. I think the kind of group it is has alot to do with it, some groups are definately more friendly than others. I don't find it matters too much if people have met before (all the groups I go to are like that) as long as there aren't a few that get kicks out of singling newbies out for a good bitching. But I Figure it's no loss being the target of that sometimes though because it lets me know who to stear clear of BEFORE getting sucked in. I talk to anyone but mostly to Freya!!

I reckon it's worth trying a different group or two, or giving it a second go - chances are it isn't anything to do with you, there's always someone on the wrong end of rude gits!

LisaJ1986 said:

Have you looked at netmums? Someone on here recommended it last week so i signed up at the wkend, its really good as people in your area put messages on saying they want to meet people (a bit like internet dating!! :rotfl: ) then you e mail or text if you want to meet them. I haven't done it as I have made a couple of friends.

Also go to something that is say a 6 week course then everyone is new at the beginning, I was lucky as the HV team organised a post natal group for 5 weeks and I met a couple of people there that I have kept in touch with.

i go to 2. Monday afternoons and wednesday mornings. there's also one on a weds afternoon that i might try

I go to 1 a week at the moment which is run by the health visitors and has a different topic each week, last week it was baby massage and this week it is weaning. It has been really nice to meet people. This group finishes in 2 weeks so will try and go to another one then as they are really nice.
Last week we had to sing Tommy Thumb as we were massaging baby! :rotfl:

Thats what my HV did. But i missed the 1st 1. They did a few weeks of baby massage but i didn't have the courage to go.

I go to quite a few groups with my lo, i'm normally very shy but we both get loads out of it too, i got to bumps and babies on tues, tiny talk on wed, weigh in and starting swimming on thurs and massage on fridays.

Dont know if thiers too many groups to go to or not?

I am rubbish in group situations, I'm quite shy too but fine on a one to one, just too quiet for groups of strangers, I think everyone assumes I'm stuck up or something....anyway......

I meet up with my postnatal group every tues morning, luckily they are all friendly and wanted to keep meeting after the official sessions at clinic.

I take Eva for swimming lessons with a couple of the post natal girls once a week and we go to Baby Sensory once a week too, so only really 3 things, but on the weeks where we cant go I really miss them, and sure Eva must too, playing with me every day must get tedious for her lol!

I always try to make myself go a couple of times to any class/group as you cant really judge from going just once if you are going to like it, also I find a structured thing like a class much easier than informal play as you have something to get on with even if you dont get chatting :lol:

Depends on how bad the week is, if it's a toughie then I'm out quite a bit as the kids drive me mad at home!

Last week had a toddler group Mon, Tues and Weds then did mini music on the Thurs.

I really want to go to one/some.

There is a new breastfeeding cafe opening here tomorrow and I am seriusly thinking about going but don't know what to expect. Need to pluck up the courage I guess!!!

I take willow to a toddler group on mondays, every 1st and 3rd wednesday we go to a walking babys toddler group on a thursday we go to another baby group but willow is getting to big for this now and on a friday we go to a music group.
and once a month we go to messy play.

this is all through surestart so dont cost a penny (which is good really).

I am hooked to, at the moment we do:

Monday pm: Jolly Babies (music group)
Tuesday pm: Local toddlers
Wednesday am: Soft play at our local sports centre
Thursday pm: A few of our local netmums get together usually at a soft play centre or park

Edit - Forgot to say he also goes to Sunday School every week and a little ones service at our church every 1st Thursday morning of the month.

Id love to go to some but unfortunately the 'nice mums' in our area are few and far between. Im not just being a snob but they all have the sort of kids who's first word will be the F word :( I took one look at all the Mums at the baby clinic and thought GREAT :( Maybe I should start my Nice Mummies only baby group :lol: James is only tiny so I spose I have plenty of time to seek them out :D

I go to baby massage on a tues morn. The lady who does the baby massage also runs a baby signing and a music group. I want to also start attending those as i have found the ladies at the massage group really nice and friendly, i really need to find some women with babies the same age as Calleigh as my friends either dont have kids or have older ones.

I do a fair bit but i need to get out the house.

I go to 4 :oops:
Playgroup on Mondays
Early Days on Tues (babies under 12 months)
Breast feeding support group on Wed
Young Mums on Fridays

Most of that is through Surestart so i dont pay. A lot of the groups stop for the summer so im not sure what im going to do will probaly take up swimming or something.

I don't go to any never did with Lydia either. I take them to indoor soft play sometimes but no groups.

Arianna was due to start a dance class a few weeks back but they called to see if I would wait until the beginning of term in Aug as she would miss it through the summer and not understand why we couldnt go. It's only 30min twice a week

Also waiting for the people at the local playgroup to call me back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back