How many baby groups do/did you go to?

Someone recently told me that you can't go to Mum and baby groups until your baby has had all its jabs. I noticed some of your babies are under four months. I guess that isn't true then? I'm really keen to get out to some groups as I don't know anyone in the area and after one week on maternity leave, I'm already feeling lonely!

What age is it ok to start going to these types if groups? Sorry to hijack the thread!

Kimberly said:
Someone recently told me that you can't go to Mum and baby groups until your baby has had all its jabs. I noticed some of your babies are under four months. I guess that isn't true then? I'm really keen to get out to some groups as I don't know anyone in the area and after one week on maternity leave, I'm already feeling lonely!

What age is it ok to start going to these types if groups? Sorry to hijack the thread!

I never heard that about their jabs :think: I went to my first group when DD was 5 weeks old she slept through the whole thing. I go for myself to get me out the house mainly plus its a great conversation starter when you have a 5 week old tiny baby :D

Shes only now really showing any interest and looking around at everyone.

Kimberly said:

I took Holly to her first baby massage group when she was 4 weeks old and we have been going ever since. She absolutely loves it. I am going to have to stop going soon as its on a friday and i'll be working fridays pah!

We also go to a New Mums group on a tuesday afternoon and I have made a good friend through it. Holly loves being with her son and they are so cute together. I'll be taking her to a rhyme and sign group and then a 6mth plus group on my days off. These are also at our local surestart centre which is brilliant!

I'm shy/anti-social so don't go to any, but when we do get out and about I've found Isaac's really quite happy with strangers and other children of all ages so I don't feel I've neglected him by not going :)

I go to Gymboree on tues morning, swim class on wed morning and "Tricky Vicky" music group on thurs. I love going to the classes as Layla really enjoys them and I think the interaction with other mum's and babies is really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back