baby groups

Amy_J

Reaction score
do any of you go to these? i always imagined myself taking my lo to toddler groups when hes older so he can interact with other toddlers. do any of you go with your younger lo's??? what do you do?!
im moving to a new area soon so i think it may be good for me to meet other mums etc.

me again ha ha!
i go to 1 on a thursday. tehres a soft play area and loads of other toys and theres a play worker there and a health visitor aswell. you can get your baby weighed and generally just ask advice. or jsut go to meet other mums and play. we all have a drink its nice to get out and meet new ppl.
i'm meeting a girl i went to college with 2moro at a baby group. i hardly spoke 2 her b4 and this is our 1st meet up so kinda nervous

me again ha ha!
i go to 1 on a thursday. tehres a soft play area and loads of other toys and theres a play worker there and a health visitor aswell. you can get your baby weighed and generally just ask advice. or jsut go to meet other mums and play. we all have a drink its nice to get out and meet new ppl.
i'm meeting a girl i went to college with 2moro at a baby group. i hardly spoke 2 her b4 and this is our 1st meet up so kinda nervous

hehe hello! thanks for replying!!! im a realy shy person so the idea of these groups kinda scares me a little, especially if my lo starts screaming or something eeek. i know its deffo beneficial for them especially when they're older & interact so i will deffo go. here (at home in manchester) i have quite a few friends with babies so we've been meeting loads, but down in london i dont know anyone.... eeek.

I've been going to groups since AJ was 10 weeks.
They normally have a baby area where baby and Mammy can chill out and chat to others. Most are out of the way of where the toddlers are.
I enjoy taking AJ, though I haven't made any close friends through going.

i started taking Tegan last week (she'll be 13 weeks thursday) its just a baby group as soon as they can crawl they go to a different group, im really shy so was dreading going but i really enjoyed it! they had lots of playmats rattles etc and lots of toys for when there a bit bigger. it was nice to meet other Mums and spend some time with Tegan without worrying about doing housework etc xx

ive not taken Layla to any yet, but starting to think i really should for her to intereact with other little people and not just adults,

the flippin weigh in clinic is on a monday 10-12 that i can take her to, ive taken her for the past 3 weeks and everytime its been canceled for 1 reason or the other, and i cant take her to a differnt area so they have said, so its a bit of a nightmare walking 25mins each way to find out its bloody closed!!

i dont really know what we can do, and i think thats why i havent taken her to anywhere, she doesnt really do much yet, lol

im taking her to a childminder when i go back to work in may and they have all said they take them at least twice a week to playgroups so thats good :)

xxx

Noa n me goes to a under 1´s group on fridays. im very shy but every time i go it gets a little easier to talk to other mums ( n 1 dad) i started to take noa when he was 5 or 6 weeks. as Zoe said, its nice to just spend time without rushin aroun doing 100 things at the same time. Also, Noa is mezmorised lookin at the other babies, he just lay there n stare at them for 1 n a half hour :)

i go to all the groups going! :lol: its so good, mostly just to chat to other mums but you'll be surprised how much even a 3 month old will interact with the other babies. my LO and I started going at 8 weeks and havent looked back. im new to my area too and ive made a little group of friends already.
this is our week:

monday - swimming
tuesay day off!
wednesday - baby signing
thursday - baby massage, stay & play in community centre
friday - welsh playgroup, and breast feeding group (even though i dont BF anymore :lol:)

phew, no wonder im exhausted! :rofl:

Cahal loves looking at the other babies too, he's always the entertainer though, he loves an audience and while all the other babies are being good and quiet, he's always there shrieking his head off (with absolutely joy, not crying!) and the more people look at him the more he does it lol! He's getting quite a reputation round here!

hahaha bless!
Noa is the baby that is sick on the playmats all the time, good boy - he just do as i told him, aiming away from his clothes!

thats a busy week tiny! i was starting baby massage last tuesday but went there yesterday and it was noone there :(

:confused: thats strange. did you have any phone numbers?

i like to be busy, im happier that way. im an avon lady too :lol:

Where did you all find out about these groups? I am now just getting back to being active and H is 15wks old and would like to take him places and see other children.

I went to the breast feeding support group first cos we needed the help, then some people told me about the baby massage so i went there, then when i was there someone told me about the welsh group. a few of us set up our own little swimming club cos baby swim class is sooooo expensive, 4 of us just go to the local pool on a monday at 10.30 and we have lunch together in thecafe after and a gossip :lol: its my favourite :lol:

Id suggest asking your health visitor as a starting point.

hmmm i've not seen my hv since H was about 3 wks old!!!! I havent been able to go get him weighed as i've had my leg in a cast, hospital appoints were the same day/ time as the clinic and i haven't physically been able to get H there on my own!! Although my OH is around tomorrow morning i might get him to drive me there!!

Hey
I heard about groups by browsing hte net or through other mums.
I like to be busy too, I need to get out every day! I can feel a bit down if I don't get out of the house and see other adults.

Mon-under 7 months 'little wrigglers' group.
Tues- Playgroup (with Los new childminder...to get him used to her as going back part time soon)
Wed-meet some of my mates or go to the odeon, baby cinema screening sometimes (or have a day off)
Thurs-meet the nct girls at someones house cos cheap
Friday-baby sensory class

Local sure start centres are really good, we haven't really used ours...yet!

I took Paige to baby group for the first time on Monday and it was really nice. Its only little babies so once they can walk they go to toddler group. Everyones lovely there. Ive just signed up with baby massage as well so do that course in around March. I might go to stay and play on a friday as well. I just like going to meeting other mums as I dont see alot of people any more.

:rofl: what a character!!! :lol:

that's one word for him lol! If he's not laughing and shrieking he's blowing raspberries :)

We went to baby group this afternoon and they said they knew it was us coming down the corridor, Cahal had THE loudest hiccups he's ever had and was giggling between each one. Needless to say they heard us coming lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back