How many hours sleep?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by kellie80, Jan 11, 2008.

1. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

How many hours sleep does your baby have including Naps?
    I'm sure Nathans isn't getting enough! Jess used to have 12 hours at night and a 2 hour nap.
    Aimee has 12 hours at night and 1 hour nap.
    Nathan has between 9 and 10 at night and 1 hour nap.
    Most of the stuff you read seem to say a baby his age has about 14 hours all together and hes only having between 10 and 11.
    I know they are all different but I'm just curious.

2. jennywren

jennywren Well-Known Member

8-10 Hours at niight but broken and 2-3 hours nap in the day

3. Becky&Willow

Becky&Willow Well-Known Member

12 - 14 hours at night and up to 3 hours in day

4. nefisher

nefisher Well-Known Member

Poppy has about 11 at night (broken sleep) and about 1 hour during the day. I'd love her to sleep longer in the day as I did read that it is meant to help with sleeping at night but she just wants to play.

5. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

DS sleeps 12 hours at night (but broken up by him waking for his dum etc), then has recently started napping for 2-3 hours in the morning and a hour in the afternoon which seems too much to me. He's only been doing it for about a week though and is a bit under the weather.

6. Red_Fairy

Red_Fairy Well-Known Member

hannah has about 10-11 hours of a night and 2, 20 min naps in the day.

7. Dinski

Dinski Well-Known Member

LO sleeps about 12-13 hours at night (with a milky in the middle of the night) and then either one or two naps a day of between 30mins to 2 hours.

8. jayla's mummy

jayla's mummy Well-Known Member

about 10 atnight and 2-3 in the day

9. Gemma & Jake

Gemma & Jake Well-Known Member

Jake sleeps for about 12-13 hours at night and about 2-3 hours during the day.

10. Minime

Minime Well-Known Member

Now we're finally getting a routine he goes bed about 7.30 and has lots of broken sleep (wakes about once an hour through the night). Wakes up properly about 7.30 then finally manages to pursuade me to get outta bed about 8.30 (he sleeps with me)
    He can't have more than 2 hours in the day and no later than 2.30 or he never goes to bed. Generally he has a sleep about 1-3.

11. kellie80

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones then who's baby doesn't need much sleep :( I'm desperate to get him to sleep in past 5.30 but nothing I try gets us anywhere :x

12. Fiona

Fiona Well-Known Member

Grace sleeps 12 hours at night but this last week or so has only had 1 x 30 min nap during the day............ makes it so hard to get anything done.......... I thought once she was on the move she would wear herself out more and therefore nap more - but no chance !!!

13. Minime

Minime Well-Known Member

Will he go back off if you put him in with you when he wakes up early Kellie?

14. xrachx

xrachx Well-Known Member

Glenn sleeps for 9-10 hours at night and about 3 hours for the morning nap and the same in the afternoon, we sometimes get in my bed and go for a nice snooze.x

15. Redshoes

Redshoes Well-Known Member

Isaac sleeps roughly 8pm until 6am (as he's started getting up with Daddy's alarm :wall: ) so 10hrs, plus he usually has 4hrs of naps in the day, so 14hrs in a 24hr period. Which I believe is due seeing as he never used to sleep at all for the first few months :lol: Is he OK through the day Kellie? If he's active and happy then I guess it's what works for him, shame he doesn't give you those 3 extra hrs though :hug: :hug: :hug:

16. kellie80

He is fine in the day. He goes hysterical if I try to put him down for an afternoon nap. Its just me who's tired of getting up so early :x
    When hes awake in the morning thats it! I've tried everything to get him back to sleep, just sick of getting up even before cbeebies starts!