Naps

kellie80

Reaction score
Just wondered how long your babies nap for in the day. Aimee sleeps about 9 hours in the nights and some days she will only nap for 1 hour then some days it about 4 hours. When its 1 she will spend the whole days moaning cos shes tired but won't go to sleep.

Seren doesn't understand the concept of naps, its tiring me out. She used to sleep for an hour in the morning and about an hour in the afternoon but its all gone Pete Tong as some would say. Then she is all cranky for her evening nap. :(

Of what I can gather, Oscar still sleeps quite a bit during the day - even though he snugs up with me most of the time!!
I recon he naps for about 4 hours every day, maybe even more. Sleeps quite well at night. When he doesn't sleep during the day - he somehow still has the energy or stamina, to be restless during the night. Must be overstimulation then? :?
Emilia xx

braydon sleeps from bout 9.30 till 4 - 5 ish and has a feed and goes down till 8 and will have a 2 hour nap at 11 and another hour at 4

Whats a routine nap? Damien doesn't know routine more than he knows who the Pope is...nightmare child... probably my fault.

Phoebe sleeps about 11hrs at night and then just has about 3 30min power naps during the day. I'll live with that :lol:

I'm not the only one struggling witha baby who won't sleep then!
She did sleep 9.30 till 8.15 last night though so i'm made up with that but she had her needles yesterday so it could off been something to do with that. Fingers crossed for tonight. She will probaly be awake all day now.

Alex refuses to sleep during the day. He sort of half sleeps with his eyes open to make sure he doesn't miss anything, too bloody nosey - slightest movement and he's ready to go again. He's not whingy with it, thank goodness, and at bedtime he's out for the count and an earthquake wouldn't wake him.

At the moment Brody only naps for 5-10 mins then wakes up again, it's a nightmare I can't get anyting else done.
Also he's waking at night for a feed every 2-3 hours again the HV reckons he's having a growth spurt!

Rubie has at least 4 hours in the morning (9am - 1pm) then maybe a little nap in the afternoon too, then she will sleep from about 9:30pm til 7am, waking for feeds.

Kim i am so very very jealous. Seren will not sleep and now iys affecting hr night time sleep. Her new motto must be sleep is for the weak. have tried everything, dummy, rocking, bribery etc :(

I am jealous of you too - Rubie can't hold a toy - Seren must be making the most of her awake time learning new skills!!!

Matthew sleeps quite well at night but during the day he's a bugger for sleeping, sometimes he cat naps or maybe he's power napping! Other days he's hardly awake and still goes down ok at night

Beanie - Why don't you try a sling? Ella falls asleep within minutes in her pouch.

eba00550338f00000095.jpg

I got it from www.brightsparkslings.com and it's really comfortable :)

Reece just has a kip whenever he's tired he doesn't have a routine for anything! At the moment he's fighting to stay awake and gettin really cranky so i have to rock him dead fast in his chair to get him off!

I love it, that is such a cool sling. Am going to buy one asap. Thanks for the tip Rosie x (that is such a cute picture too, Ella is one pretty baby x)

Thank you :oops: :D

I took her in town in it yesterday, I wouldn't be able to get the pram on the bus and wouldn't know what to do with her whilst I folder/unfolder it and lugged it on. It was comfy but after a couple of hours my shoulder started to hurt a bit (think I need to look at how I put it on). I also managed no hands feeding on the bus with her, I just manouvred her around and down, she was held on by her body and the top of her head stayed out of the sling. She really does like it in there when she's put in upright, I hope Seren likes it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back