How many children?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
How many would you like? When do you know when to stop? I have 2 brothers and one sister and love it.. My mummy always wanted 2 boys and 2 girls and got them :) She knew I was the last one.. Is anyone not sure wether they're finished? And is there anyone who would never stop? :lol: I would love 3+.. Great company for eachother.. Christmases etc.. Thats just my opinion though x

i am onto number 3 now and am hoping after this one i get that im done feeling lol I never after the first two i always knew i wanted more. My mum had 4 and she said she never got that feeling she just had to stop as my dad was one of 11 children and didnt want loads. I too would be happy with 3 but it dosnt stop be getting broody, lots of my friends say never no more for me and Im like i dunno when i will feel like that.

We're having two and then we'll stop. I'm going back to school to do nurse training and so I want to work again full time in a few years and earn some money. At the moment we cannot afford a mortgage for the house that we want, my OH earns top wages for the area in his field and yet we still cannot buy a house that we desire. Even the deposit is out of reach for us. I want to offer our children some security, future and give them nice things, even a private education if its within reach and if we have more children then that just wouldnt be able to happen. So I think that explains why we're only having two :)

We where only suppose to have the one but I got pregnant on the pill (minipill) and I have to admit it was the best thing that happened to me :) We are now def. finished as OH has had the snip.

This is my 3rd and last. Having one pregnancy straight after the other has really took it out of me and i don't fancy doing it again lol. I am happy with having 3 boys and have no desire to try for a girl. Also my house is small so i would need to move to have anymore.

I always said once i hit 30 my womb is retiring, and i am 30 in june so that will be the shop shutting. Looking into getting my tubes tied later this year. Once my kids are older and if i move to a bigger property i might consinder fostering, y'know help out some kiddies that arne't lucky enough to have loving homes like our kids have xx

I'd like another but right now the idea of being pregnant again is not appealing to me at all! :lol: I'm no spring chicken so I'd need to get cracking so maybe 3 will be enough. :)

I think we'll stick at the two but I'd never say never. I'm the youngest of 3 and there's quite a gap between my sisters and me. Like rosies Mummy I want to be able to get the house that we want, not fussed about private school, my sisters went private, I went to 'regular' school and achieved the a stars and a grades. It's more the house and car thing than anything else.

I have 4 and I am broody but i think ive had my lot x

i would love to keep going! am broody as hell! but i've said no more ever again after ella's arrival :lol: all thru my pregnancy with ella i couldnt see her being my last, i just knew i wanted more. if i do have any more tho, it wont be til i'm a lot older and will defo be waiting til i'd been with the daddy for years and years and years!!

i'd like 4 but my oh would say different, we said just the two, but the week rhys was born we started ttc again lol we dont have room for 4 though really

Well I have 5 and think I'm done :oooo:

95% of the time I'll say yep that's me, I've paid my dues, done my time :lol: I look forward to the kids going to school etc so I can look about getting a job and basically getting a life back again.

But there's that 5% in me that thinks just one more time but think I'm just being abit selfish :( I'm 37 and although it's by no means old these days to be having a child I feel that my last pregnancy certainly took its toll.

So yep I think I'm done.

Febmum just going to move this to Ask a mum :thumbup:

This will be my second, I would really love 4 I think, but the actual reality of even having 2 might make me change my mind. Really would like to be done by 30 also, so might be able to squeeze them in. I was an only child and really would have loved that sibling friendships. OH is one of 4, and tbh they aren't that close as adults.

Although none of my close friends even have boyfriends at the moment, so I know the moment I stop and say I'm done, they'll all start settling down, and then I'll get broody! Or just be fed up I have no one to drink wine with!

:lol: I think I'll keep going until I get that feeling.. 20 years down the line, Jennifer will have a football team :lol: No I completly agree with Rosies Mummy too, I think wanting to achieve bigger and better things would definitly make me stop.. After being pregnant I am seriously thinking of studying to become a midwife.. I know its a long road, but I don't plan to have another baby until Odhrán is well up in primary school, OH has a trade and earns fab money.. But it wouldn't be enough for us to do everything we wanted to as a family.. And Mamafy my mummy was "done", sister was 6 and she had me at 37 :lol: Thank god she changed her mind :lol: xx

I'm 25 and i'm on my 4th, been pregnant 8 time in total but sadly lost 4, This baby wasn't planned, but i'm not to sure if i'll be able to have anymore after this one i my need a hysterectomy with a prob i've got. But i go all gooey over babies so if i'm fine and can have a last one in maybe 6 years i will!!!

I'm very happy with my 3 but I feel so sad when I think about Ellie being my last baby. I don't really mind being stretched financially but I think I'd struggle to give more children the individual attention that they need. Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to being a granny? lol

were stopping at number 2!
when i was younger i wanted about 6, when i told my OH that, he looked like he wanted to cry lol. i had to tell him i didnt want that many children anymore. x

Im on number 2 and if i stay with my OH then id like 1 or 2 more :) x

I've always wanted 3! I was 1/3 and loved it :)
OH said he wants 4 which is OK as he already has 1.
We are going to aim for the total of 4 unless financially we won't be able to handle it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back