How long would you wait?

rachaellouise

Reaction score
With regards to medication...

Obviously people who are planning to become pregnant are able to control what they are and what they are not going to take when pregnant.
I am coming off my medicationa and will be stoping it all on Thursday, my question is how long would you wait before you start trying? Would you want to wait until it is out of your system or would you be happy to start trying knowing that it is coming out of your system and is more than likely not to be in your system by the time you do fall pregnant, and if not completly out it will be within a week or so?

Depends on the medication? Could be a good question better answered by your doctor?

Depends on the medication? Could be a good question better answered by your doctor?

To be honest the health professionals have not been very helpful as they do not support my decision to come off the meds.
I stopped taking Qutiapine and Amitriptylin last Saturday and going by the half lifes they should be out of my system by this Sunday (10th) I am stopping Cipralex this Thursday which again by going by the half life that should be out of my system by the 18th, but as the dose goes down by half each amount of hours so after say 6 days the dose left in my system would only be 0.16mg.
Do you think it would be wise to wait until it is completly out of my system or based on the fact it will probably take months to actually conceive anyway not worry too much as I would have actually stopped taking the meds anyway and the dose will get weaker and weaker each day?

We are thinking that it may not be nessersary to wait until it is completly out of my system as people DO sometimes talk Cipralex when pregnant anyway, so judging by the fact it may not happen for a few months anyway is it nessersary to wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back