How long was you TTC conceive for?

Was on the pill for 10 years then ttc properly for a few months and had no luck. Stopped 'trying' but wasn't on contraception and fell pregnant on the 13th month after stopping the pill x

I've never been on any contraception because meeting my husband - only person lol. It took us about 7 months the first time that ended in a mmc and then it was about a year until we conceived again, that was my second miscarriage and then 2 months later, got my bfp and currently 14 weeks

I was on the pill for 9 years, came off it in June, BFP on 1st Dec.
I caught on my 5th month.
Although 2 months during that time we didn't dtd at the right time so who knows if it would have happened sooner :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Was on the pill for years. Came off because it was making me feel moody, headaches and gained weight. Then got diagnosed with pcos. Was put on metformin. But was lucky enough to conceive first month ttc.xx

I was on depo Jan till June then went on the pill june till oct and found out I was pregnant in january 2012

But it took me 6 months first time round

I have to say I agree with the relaxed thing. My job is very stressful (55 hour weeks and a horrible headteacher) and everyone said when I relaxed in the school hols it would happen and bam!! First weekend of the 6 weeks hols I got pregnant!! lol

I was on Microgynon for about 5 years and caught on second cycle after stopping. I was surprised to say the least, having heard that it can take a long time for cycles to return to normal. Best of luck, hun. Try to relax but don't give up! x

So I'm the odd one out here I'm guessing. Wasn't TTC. I was on the pill (microgynon 30) Took it religiously, never missed a day, been taking it for 4/5 years and got caught in May last year,
Wouldn't change anything for the world, was obviously meant to happen.

I was on the pill for 9 years, came off it and it still took 10 bloomin years to fall pregnant but I had other complications xxxxxxx

So I'm the odd one out here I'm guessing. Wasn't TTC. I was on the pill (microgynon 30) Took it religiously, never missed a day, been taking it for 4/5 years and got caught in May last year,

My sister fell twice on mycrogynon lol

I came off the pill in September after 2 years of taking it and fell in December. I think the Christmas party spirit relaxed me :) Good luck to you! xx

I was on the POP, stopped in July and got my BFP December. We weren't charting or using opk's or anything, I think being relaxed about it helped, although hubby puts it down to having super sperm in 'Movember' whilst he was growing a testosterone fuelled moustache for charity with all of his mates! I was ill for alot of that month with an awful virus, so we only dtd once, so maybe he is right lo!!l :)

I got pregnant on microgynon 30 also! It sadly ended in mc though. I also switched pills right after because I didn't want that happening again. (I was only 18)

As for TTC, I say we were trying for 5 months, but for 2 months in the middle we didn't try. So 3 months really but they weren't consecutive.
July - we tried
Aug - we didn't try
Sept - we didn't try
Oct - we tried
Nov - we tried and were successful :)

first time around it took me 18 months but had never had any form of pill etc just condoms!! after 12 months of trying we gave up n looked into going away and saving for that only to find 6 months later i was pregnant :dance: i think the stress of not trying helped

2nd time i was sure it would take just as long if not longer coz of depo injuection thingy and it took 4 months

3rd time around after using evra patches, took just 2 months :)

just relax and take it easy n eventually it will happen, good luck and fingers crossed it happens soon for you xxx

I've always refused to take the pill, so we were using condoms, and we conceived on the second month of trying.

Was quite surprised at how little time it took, as I'd had some ovarian cysts and was suspected of endometriosis, so was quite apprehensive about my fertility.

I got pregnant on microgynon 30 also! It sadly ended in mc though. I also switched pills right after because I didn't want that happening again. (I was only 18)

I'm only 20, was 19 when I fell pregnant, guess these things happen to test us, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. x

I'm only 20, was 19 when I fell pregnant, guess these things happen to test us, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. x

If mine hadn't have ended in mc, I wouldn't have changed it either. I still think about that LO all the time, it would have turned 6 last weekend.
But it really wasn't the right time, nor was I with the right person, hence the reason why I changed pills to prevent it happening again.

Me and other half had been trying for a year after our mmc in 2009 but then other half said shall we get married and booked the day. We stopped trying, to save for wedding so only used comdoms. We got married in September 2011 and decided as we were married leave it to fate and found out we were pregnant in October 2011 and I am currently just over 18 weeks. We didn't stress or try we are newly weds lol so we all know what that brings and bam I was pregnant cxx

hi,
well we were trying for around 2 years, i never got to the point where i was taking my temp or checking ovulation, but we weren't using birth control. we had been to see the doctor who initially refered my OH, and his tests came back relitively normal. At which point i started to worry as i already have a 6 year old with a different father, so i guess i expected the problem to lie with my OH. I then went to see a consultant who decided i probably wasnt ovulating regularly(i do have very irratic periods)and he booked me in for an ultrasound and HSG xray, which is where they inject dye in to your womb to check for blockages. I had the ultrasound, which showed my right ovary to be polycystic and my left had a little cyst in it which was normal around ovulation, but i still needed the HSG. I think i had that appointment booked for 4 days time but when i turned up, the doctor was off poorly and no one else in the whole hospital could do the procedure. i then had to wait until my next period had been and gone before booking it, so i waited, then the sore boobs came, which i always get on the run up to AF, but i thought i had nothing to loose, so i did a test and bingo, BFP!!!!! i couldnt believe it, very glad that the doctor was ill because if the procedure had gone ahead i'd have not fallen pregnant, and that little cyst was obviously the one that worked!! just wanted to share my story, good things do come to those that wait!! i'm now nearly 13 weeks, had my scan on friday and got to see our baby, it was brilliant xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back