How long was you TTC conceive for?

siouxie

Reaction score
I have been trying for a year this month with no luck... I was just wondering what methods of contraception people were using and how long you was on contraception before they started trying and once they stopped how long did it take you to conceive.

Thanks

We conceived in our 5th month of trying. I was on the pill for a couple of years, but came off the pill a year before we started trying to conceive.
Good luck x x

I was on the pill for 4years came off had withdrawal and then first month of trying we got a sticky!

Had been using condoms as protection. We got caught in month one but unfortunately it wasn't to be had a month off then got a sticky :) I did buy the clearblue fertility monitor for that month :) x x

I was on the pill for 14 years, came off and it took me 11 months. Good luck, don't give up! Xxx

I was on the depo-provera injection and it took 4 frustrating years of trying to conceive before I became pregnant. Unfortunately, at 12 weeks, that pregnancy was revealed to be ectopic.
We waited 5 months (6 short cycles) after surgery to start trying to conceive again. I wanted to give my body the best chance to grow a baby after the trauma of the surgery and the emotional impact on me & DH. We were very lucky and successful in the second cycle of trying this time and I am now pregnant with a bean in the right place!

I had a coil fitted for 10 years and it took us 3 years to get our little sticky bean :), it will be so worth the wait.

So you know doctors tend not to send you for test unless you have been trying about 18 months or so my doc said when I saw her.

We decided to leave the tests though and just keep trying with no pressure :) it will happen eventually just when it's meant to xxx

I was on the pill for 6 years came off in July and got caught in November. We just used Conceive Plus.

I was on the pill for 14 years, came off at Xmas and got pregnant in the middle of July. Was a sticky bean first time so very lucky. Keep trying!! I used Dr Chris Steele's online fertility tracker to track my most fertile days as my periods were very regular (just type it in Google.)

It took me two cycles to conceive with the boys. This time it took me almost exactly a year, we started trying 9th Sept 10 and conceived around the 14th Sept 11. The only contraception we had used was condoms, pills don,t agree with me and I hated the injection.

I had the copper coil, no hormones, conceived on second month ntnp. Unfortunately had a mmc at 11 weeks, took 3 months for AF to arrive and caught on the first cycle using opks. Cx

I was on pill for 2-3 years from 16 till 18 then stopped took nothing, never used any protection and never had a peep of anything. Got new partner was trying for 6 months then got caught. After my son was born went on the patch (hormonal) and then forgot it for two months and got caught on 2nd month of trying thought why not took long enough for Leo x

I came off the pill august 1995 got my bfp march 2001 still waiting for bfp number 2 ;)

I was on the depo and took a year for me to even get a period then just over 2 years of trying. We'd just gone back to the doctors about it and where discussing going in for tests if nithing happend in the next few months when BINGO the very next month i was pregnant, it really did help when we stopped stressing over it. With our first i had been on the pill and was caught the very next month! Xx

i was on the microgron 30 for 2 years then had the implant for 2 years then was on the mini pill for a while came off it in august had my first period (tmi) in oct concieved in dec
very shocked thought it would take a while

vicki xx

I was on the pill for about 5-6 years and it took me 10 months to conceive xx

i was on implants since 18 and had my 3rd one removed in feb, got my BFP in july.

I was on the pill for 4 years then took us 3 years to concieve bubba

I was on the pill for nearly 8 years and came off it about 2 years ago. OH and i were TTC for about 3 or 4 months with no success. Then our circumstances changed and we decided having a baby wasn't right at that time so we started using condoms. Then, earlier on this year we had ONE careless night and bang, i was pregnant. It wasn't planned and we were still using condoms, it was just this one time we hadn't. I thought back to all the times we'd tried during the months after me first coming off the pill with no success, then it just happened from a one off. But i think the pill does take a while to come out of your system. I've had a history of pelvic problems and was convinced i wasn't going to be able to get pregnant but it happened for me just like that. If you're worried you can always see a doctor. I think they say that healthy couples in their twenties should try for a year to 18 months and before seeking medical advice xx

I was on the pill for 5 years and came off took a year to catch on,
Didn't use anything chart or temp wise because i was rubbish at it - just dtd every other day. Nothing worked (legs in the air etc) and OH booked in to see a doctor to test his fertility and the week before we went camping and where not even thinking about ttc had a couple of drinks and tent nooky and tadddaaa .. A week later BFP the day after our anniversary and a couple of days before the doctors appointment :)

It was true for us it happened when we where not thinking about it and just having some fun. Its hard but try having a few month 'off' TTC to take some pressure off and just have some fun. Even if it doesn't work its not good for you to get stressed for so long (i know because i did!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back