How long did it take you?

Kerry

Reaction score
How Long did it take you to conceive???

Wasn't trying to straight away I guess - was off the pill for two months though....so I've put straight away.

first go for me, which totaly shocked me coz the month before i was told i had pcos! so i thought it would take months even maybe years

straight away for me too, which was a bit of a surprise as everyone always said it would probably take at least a couple of months :roll:

for us, it was the second month, which was a surprise because the doc told us to expect 6 months to a year!

I ain't really sure I'd say right away to 3 months because we wanted to try then we didn't care meaning that we didn't worry about it and then it just happened.....not to be sick or be all personal but did you girls lie on your back for like 20 minutes or more and not wash right away? Cause that's what I did but don't know if that really mattered or not.

First time! and we werent really TTC. Just happened at the right time I guess!

.not to be sick or be all personal but did you girls lie on your back for like 20 minutes or more and not wash right away?

Yup I did and it seemed to work, conceived in our first month of trying. After all the stories you read in magazines etc I was expecting it to take at least a year.

I stood on my shoulders for a few minutes and then we went to sleep...didn't urinate till the next morning, and then was sooo disappointed to feel all the sperm coming out...but some of it caught anyway...*S*

Sue

Had to join in with the spirit of openess! I got pregnant first month too- although I'd been gearing up for it for a while- had virtually stopped drinking, lost weight etc. As for the lying down afterwards I have to be extra careful to go to the toilet asap after sex otherwise I am very prone to urinary tract infections so I made sure that I had had my "moment of pleasure" after he'd finished (purely to achieve maximum effectiveness obviously :wink: ) sprinted to the bathroom and then lay down again as soon as I could. We also went for the "do it everyday just in case" method as I didn't want to get too technical with it to start with. Just thought I'd mention the UTI thing though as for me at least it has been always been an issue after sex and I had worried about whether it would affect my chances.

+++

Yeah not to be sick but some leaked out from me too but hey we're pregnant so guess that's all that matters! :roll:

Wow most of you are straight away that's fab. It took me four years :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back