How long should breast feeds take?

Tilly

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Just a quick question, my daughter is 4 and a half weeks and we are exclusively breast feeding she has been doing so well and putting on weight lovely. For the past couple of days she has been a little bit sicky after feeds but my main question is where she was feeding for about 20-30 minutes she is now only feeding for 10-15 minutes every 3 hours. Could it be she is just better at feeding and getting all she needs in a shorter time or should I be worried? If I try to get more down her after she wants to stop this seems to be what she sicks back up.

I will get her weighed next week but have to wait till Wednesday so just after your opinions really.

Thank you

It sounds like she's becoming a pro. Usually it takes Angel about 10 mins now as your let down is probably sorted. She'll probably take a bit longer on growth spurt days.

Yes sounds like LO is better at extracting your milk meaning shorter feeds. Cooper can feed anything from 5 mins to 2hrs! They will just take as much as they need :D

She's becoming more efficient! It's a good thing! Well done to you both!!! :hug:

Ditto above - Eva has always been super quick, it takes a while to stop obsessing about how long they stay on for but dont worry, you are doing a fab job! :D

Sounds fine to me. LUCKY YOU! Baillie could feed for 1-2 hours at that age (nightmare!) :wall: !

Kim x x x

if she's gaining weight and making wet and dirty nappies then everything is fine :)

i think at that age my BF's were lasting longer than that so perhaps youre just lucky! it seems different mothers/babies feed at different rates. big up yourself for getting past 4 weeks, u got the hardest part over with :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back