Another breast feeding question, sorry!

Tilly

Reaction score
Evening ladies

My breasts are still feeling full even after my daughter has taken her milk, I posted yesterday to say I was worried as her feeds have only been lasting 10 minutes and I want to say thank you to everybody who replied saying she is probably getting more efficient at feeding, she is having wet and dirty nappies.

I hadn't planned to express and bottle feed as I love feeding her myself but should I be expressing the milk off, also I only noticed today how full they feel is this ok? If I express do I just take off any excess after she stops feeding, I have no idea how to do this.

Thank you

You can express afterwardsif you wish but the only thing is your breasts will produce what your baby needs so if you start expressing after a feed then they will start to produce more milk so you may not solve the full feeling you are getting. Hope this helps. x

If you express after each feed chances are your body will continue making that same amount as it thinks it's supplying for your baby. Whereas if you just leave it your body will adjust.
But if you want to build up a supply in your freezer for any reason like going out or something then go for it!
I wanted to express but i just don't have the knack (and i'm too lazy :shhh: )

If you feel you have excess... by all means take it off and store it in the freezer. It will last for 3 months :) . You never know when you are going to need it :)

You can do this before or after your baby feeds. If your LO is having more greeny poos, more colicky.. do it before a feed so she gets more of your hind milk rather than the fore milk. If everything is fine... do it afterwards :)

The more you express the more milk you will produce, if you don't pump eventually your milk levels will adjust and you won't feel so full, so its up to you :) . I find that at the beginning of a week I express off enough for one feed, but by the end of the week I have enough milk for a couple of feeds. You can do it by hand or by getting a pump. I have both electric and hand pumps but because I pump so often (almost everyday twice a day) I find the electric one easier. You'd be alright with a hand pump :)

you could also consider milk donation if you feel like you've got lots to spare??

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back