How many feeds a day

Squiglet

Reaction score
I need some advice (please :hug: ) How many feeds a day do you give your LO a day...milk feeds that is...?

lil miss is still having 7 to 10 feeds a day...long feeds too, 20/30mins... :think: plus two solid meals, which consist of two ice cubes of fruit/veg and maybe some baby rice to thicken (pear is really runny and she likes her food chewy now)... shes not so sicky now although she has her moments... she'll only be sick maybe 5 times a day around an oz or two.... so a vast improvement.

Just recently she has upped her boob demands and seems to be feeding more and more... and taking both boobs at a feed... everyone is telling me to add another meal (that makes three) but I don't want to... :shakehead: Milk is still very important, but does her number of feeds sound high? Should I introduce another meal?

Hiya Long Time No Speak...
No advice really but might help to tell you what Rafa is now eating - (average day)
6.30am 280ml milk
9.30am cereal (3 teaspoons with some milk)
11.00am fruit puree (4-5 tablespoons) with teaspoon of cereal and 100ml of milk
1.00pm veg and meat puree and milk (won't have much milk at this point)
3.00pm avocado/ fruit puree and 100-180ml milk
5.00pm rusk or some more veg and 100ml-180ml milk
7.30pm 180ml milk
and occasionally he'll wake around 11.30 or 2.30 for another milk feed (god knows why- thought may just be thurst but refuses water!)

and he'll have a 200ml bottle of water throughout the day

there is only a month or so age difference so it may help..or not
xxx

Her milk feeds sound spot on. Persoanlly I wouldn't add another meal as milk is the best thing for her now, and its more calorific, but thats me:) Could it be another growth spurt? Plus your littlelady is very active so could be needing more calories hence the demand for more feeds?

Stick with your boobs hunni, im sure its a spurt and she will settle when its over. S hes a growing girl :D

sounds normal to me

Alex still has around 4-5 feeds during the day, plus on/off feeding throughout the night, and he's a fair bit older than your little lass.

Thank you ... :hug: :hug: :hug: The doctor said she should be feeding around 5 times a day but without any sort of comparison I was a bit confused. I still want her to bf'd as much as possible...Tia could have formula so if she was still hungry after a feed she'd get a bit of formula... but lil miss can only have boob milk. :roll: several people who have only seen lil mis a week ago have commented that she has visibly grown.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is what we are doing at the moment. There is a few weeks difference in age but I hope it helps.

7am - 125ml of milk
9am - breakfast cereal.
12.30 - Lunch
1pm - 125 milk
3pm - finger snacks.
5pm - Dinner
5.30 - 125 milk
6pm - yogurt
9.30pm - 240ml milk.

We are offering water and juce but he just won't take any. x

Ellies having 2 meals a day and still boob feeds about 8 times a day sometimes more so sounds very simular to Serena. Shes also started waking in the night for feeds again this past week, I have a feeling it might be a growth spurt?

wow 7 feeds :shock: i dont think i could cope with that now!! Ky usually has a 7oz bottle in the morning, some breakfast at 9 and maybe a couple oz depending if hes still hungry which isnt often. Another 7oz around 1. tea at half 3/4ish, again maybe some more milk if hes still hungry and another 7oz bottle at half 7 before bed.

I say in a 24hr period he drinks about 26ish oz altogether.

My LO is still exclusively breastfed and he's on 4 daytime feeds:

0800am
1130am
3.30pm
7pm

Then just whenever he wakes through the night - mostly only once at around 2am - but occasionally sleeps straight through and very very occasionaly wakes for a 2nd feed at around 5am.

DS used to feed every 2 hours day and night at that age :) So approx 12 times in 24 hours, he was real feedy and unsettled. Used to puke up every night, was so frustrating!

Probably of no use as she's breastfed, but Connie does about 4/5 feeds a day of around 6oz each time.

debecca said:
Probably of no use as she's breastfed, but Connie does about 4/5 feeds a day of around 6oz each time.

Ha! Freudian slip I meant bottle, clearly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back