How long have you been breastfeeding for?

Woohoo i'm still going strong..... and donating too now! :cheer:

3 weeks and 2 days! Not long really, but it feels like i've been doing it forever, in a good way!!

I love it, i hate getting up in the night but knowing i can lie with her and we can sleep together and that i give her everything she needs is amazing! She LOVES it, and has taken to it so well, she'll latch herself on in the night.

My aim is to get to at least 4 months but tbh i think my target is more like 6. I'd love to be able to feed her right up until she moves to cows milk, not sure how realistic this will be though. I'm also determined that she's not going to be given formula unless its absolutely necessary.

As for weight, she's gone from 8lb 2oz and birth to 9lb now!!! So after her initial loss she's put on over a pound! Not suprising as she's so greedy!

I've been feeding my daughter for 15 weeks now. Around 8 weeks I had thought about stopping but felt so guilty that I have kept it going. I've not put a time limit on when I'll stop now.

6months 2weeks and 1 day :D :D :cheer: :cheer:

My initial target was 6 weeks :cheer: then 6 months :cheer: now im just gunna see how we go! Shes not showing any signs of even taking a bottle for juice never mind milk :lol: my baba loves her boob milk!!

happy_chick said:

My initial target was 6 weeks :cheer: then 6 months :cheer: now im just gunna see how we go! Shes not showing any signs of even taking a bottle for juice never mind milk :lol: my baba loves her boob milk!!

I'd just forgo the bottles tbh... I've just chucked all ours.. lil miss only has drinks/milk in a cup now if its from mr.boob. Takes perseverance, but bottles cause tooth decay if you put juice in them... :x

Squiglet said:
happy_chick said:

I'd just forgo the bottles tbh... I've just chucked all ours.. lil miss only has drinks/milk in a cup now if its from mr.boob. Takes perseverance, but bottles cause tooth decay if you put juice in them... :x

Im ment cup chick, she wont have a cup either! We've tried loads of diff types but she wont have any of em xx

Well as from yesterday I have been breastfeeding for a year :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'm quite proud of myself. My best friend hinted that she had a "suprise" for me, to commemorate me hitting the 1 year mark :lol:

happy_chick said:
Squiglet said:
[quote="happy_chick":29kkbi5b]6months 2weeks and 1 day :D :D :cheer: :cheer:

Im ment cup chick, she wont have a cup either! We've tried loads of diff types but she wont have any of em xx[/quote:29kkbi5b] neither would lil miss at first...but between me, my mum, lots of tears and milk/juice soaked baby, shes finally got the hang of em... sounds like Ellies a lot like lil miss... just keep at it hun... LO's hate new things like that.. :roll:

19 weeks and 1 day.
No longer exclusive but not giving him too much food as he's not getting away from my boobies for a long time yet.... I'll be forcing him to feed when he's 18, whilst putting a nappy on him and pretending he's still my baby :rotfl: Bitty anyone :lol:

just thought i would drag this thread up to say 'yay me!' we made it too six months :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

(my ticker has confused me now.... I dont know about weeks but its the 17th in an hour or so and that makes it six months to me?!?!)

WOW ladies!! :cheer:

Well done & congrats Heles! :dance:

I did 5.5 weeks which seems pitiful compared to you lot :rotfl: x

dannii87 said:
WOW ladies!! :cheer:

Well done & congrats Heles! :dance:

I did 5.5 weeks which seems pitiful compared to you lot :rotfl: x

You should still be pleased with yourself, well done you danni.. at least your bubs got the goodness at the start. :clap:

I cant believe how long people breastfeed for.. pretty impressive stuff. Do the teeth not get in the way? ouch!

Claire x

Ellie breast fed until she was 20months.

I am hoping to do the same (bf as long as LO wants) if we manage to have another.

I fed Finlay till around 4 and a half months - had to stop due to a car crash we were in :( wasn't helping my supply :(

3 months and 3 weeks

The first 8 weeks were hell for me and August and I'm not sure how we made it through. I'm so thankful it finally clicked for us. August loves his boob milk! I wasn't sure I would go through it again with the next baby, but the excitement on his face every time we are about to feed has made me forget all the bad stuff.

Been feeding for 10 weeks now, am really pleased considering I wasn't even going to breastfeed.

updated :

14 months and 4 days now

3 months exclusively and counting, but he's now mixed fed but mostly boob milk so I think I can still call myself a breastfeeder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back