How long are you planning on breastfeeding for?

Rachel

Reaction score
I hadn't really thought about this until earlier when someone asked me how long I was plannig on BFing for :think:

At the moment im just taking every day as it comes but im hoping to get to 6 months then see how I feel about carrying on with the BFing or giving him a bottle then. If I managed to get to 6 months though I would probably carry on until a year old then see how I felt again about carrying on or not.

So, how long are you all planning/hoping to breastfeed your little ones for?

hopefully till Cally decides to stop like her sister did

with my boys i bf until about 7 months or so. with my first he kept biting me and then i had really bad cracked and sore nipples so i took him off. i didn't get any help from anyone, maybe if i had i would had carried on. but i ended up going back to work not long after, and it really wouldn't have fit in.

with oliver, i stopped really cause my milk supply reduced a lot. i got pregnant twice and miscarried twice when he was little, and with each pregnancy my supply dropped, and then i got my bfp with this baby and i decided that i didnt want to risk something happening again (not sure the bf had any effect on the miscarriages, but i never was sure). So i stopped (i was only feeding every now and then anyway)

with this baby i am so hoping to go for baby led weaning. this will be my last baby for a while (at least 5 years) and i really love breastfeeding. I'm worried about how i'll go on when i have to return to work (next may), as baby will be 7 months old and i still want to be breastfeeding then. I need to look at my rights when i will go back to work with regards to expressing etc.

so yes, sorry for the long winded post!!!

I want to get to 6 months exclusively and then hopefully to a year once weaned.

PS, this may change once he gets teeth LOL

I fed Tia till she got ill.. then bf made her worse so we had to give her a totally lactose free diet that was around 8 months...

With lil miss, I'll just carry on until I can't or she chooses otherwise... :)

DebbieM said:
PS, this may change once he gets teeth LOL
lil miss has teeth.. :) don't worry.. I got bitten today but it wasn't too bad... :)

I don't have any plans to give up. I will continue for as long as possible. Why make life harder for myself I say :wink:

I want to carry on for as long as possible, though I'm worried the end may be in sight as his weight has started to remain static and he seems to have gone off my right boob, its hard getting him to feed off it.
I hate the thought of having to sort out bottles of formula.

In a perfect world I would bf until he no longer needs any milk feeds,
however, I know this may not be possible and so have told myself that 6 months is my minimum mark and anything after that is a bonus :)

I would really love to continue as long as possible but I start uni in october and not sure it will be possible to carry on. I will be in lectures so when will I be able to express? with Arlo going to his nana's how will she feed him? will I have time to express enough? with all these questions how would I manage it? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back