how long it took for milk to dry up?

trixipaws

Reaction score
im getting very impatient! iv stopped BFing, its been 87 hours now almost 4 days. im feeling a bit emotional about it as u may hav read, as well as uncomfortable as my boobs hav filled up and they are sore, and i just want this over with! how many more days must i get thru before it dries up?

please tell me how long it took for ur milk to dry up and also state how old ur baby was when u stopped, or if u bottle-fed from day one- as iv looked on the internet but cant find anything, except someone saying they stopped BFing a 1-yr-old and still had milk 6 months later :shock: makes me think that the older ur baby is when u stop the longer it takes to dry up :(

iv read that alcohol depletes supply- is that only while ur drunk then it comes back or could i hav a cheeky vodka & coke to help shrink my boobs?! :lol: :wink:

Hey honey havent got a clue but :hug: :hug: I fell for you! I know im gonna go through this at some point xx

i haven't got a clue hun but WOW :shock:

you stopped good on you i want to stop renee before she 1 which it soonish :roll:

i'm NOT looking forward to it a tall

best of luck to you :hug:

mine took weeks to dry up properly with Tia and right up to this pregnancy, I could squeeze my nipples and still get fluid from them... so I can't offer you much joy.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

mine went down within a few days...take some anti inflammatorys to take the edge offf if you can...i know how it feels hun. its not nice :hug: :hug:

I only fed my first for about a month and I was still producing milk about 12-18 mths later :shock:

oh no, moomum, thats not what i wanted to hear! :cry:
i want closure SOON! lactating is not sexy, but its a wonderful thing to feed and bond with a baby so that counter-acts the turn-off making me feel beautiful still. atm im neither here nor there, iv got the big, lumpy, leaky boobs without the excuse that im a mother nourishing her child. feel unattractive and redundant! :(

trixipaws said:
oh no, moomum, thats not what i wanted to hear! :cry:
i want closure SOON! lactating is not sexy, but its a wonderful thing to feed and bond with a baby so that counter-acts the turn-off making me feel beautiful still. atm im neither here nor there, iv got the big, lumpy, leaky boobs without the excuse that im a mother nourishing her child. feel unattractive and redundant! :(

It wasn't that bad tbh. I'd get the odd wet patch, but it wasn't like when you're feeding and dripping all over the show :roll:

You'll be fine - i'm probably just a freak lol :doh:

hey trix, hows it going today? hope its ok

I'm all lumpy and heavy now!!! Can I express just enough off to be comfy or will that encourage my boobs to make more?

im over the worst of it, but iv still got plenty of milk i can feel it if i squeeze my boobs (very gently as theyre sore)

kitten i havent expressed at all as yes it does encourage them to make more and i want it over with ASAP- however iv read on the internet expressing when ur very engorged to relieve pressure is useful to stop infections etc. iv been ok coz i wasnt making heaps anyway as melissa's 8 months and on mostly solids.

its almost a week now. it will be one week exactly at about 6am tonite. today was my first full day at home on my own with my baby it was odd not BFing at all :( and very tempting, but iv come this far now i sooooooooo dont wanna hav to start again coz im really hating this! my hormones are crashing i think!

at least she's ok about it tho and thats the main thing. she does keep going for my boobs but she dont kick up a fuss that i refuse them and shes quite happy with her formula. that tooth feels very sharp too i stopped just in time!

Apparently milk doesn't 'dry up', just goes down, according to the peri I use

I don't know how long it takes for the milk to go, but I am having a similar problem. My breasts are engorging as I'm combining formula and breast milk, and when not breast feeding or expressing my breasts are lumpy and painful.

Having looked this up it says you should never go cold turkey because of the risks of infections and mastitis and you should express a little milk when your breasts are full and hurt to relieve soreness. I think if you try this your milk supply will dwindle over time and be less painful. You could always use some of that breast milk in in some of the solid foods such as baby rice. A lot of the toddler recepie books recommend this, you won't feel as if its all going to waste.

Just my suggestion, I hope that things work out well for you.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back